Dinner, Practice, and Goodbyes (Chapter 25)

"Irene, what are some good restaurant s around here?" My mother asks from the other side of the table.

"There's a few on the way to London that are great, not to far either." She says while holding her coffee. I look into my cereal bowl in a sleepy daze. my phone buzzes as I finish my cereal. My aunt and mom are still talking when I tell them I'm leaving. I walk out to see a smiling Zayn. He's grinning at his phone like it's the funniest thing ever. I soon receive a text message from him as I get into the car.

"Where's Kyle?"  He asks.

"He already left with Harry." I sat forgetting completely about the text.

"Okay, let's go!" He says and drives off. Like always the ride is in a comfortable silence with only the sound of the radio. We arrive at school at the same time we always do,  he walks me to class and the routine.

The first two classes were boring as always. Music was spent practicing with the whole group. First we showed each other what we had learned. I was the only one who knew the whole thing, since I was learning the words. They were all dedicated and promised they would know it by next Monday.

"Do you want to practice after school?" Niall asks as we all pack up.

"Yeah." Noel says.

"Today? Can we do tomorrow?" I ask.

"Sure." Liam confirms.

We all walk out after to the lunchroom. Like always our friends are at our usual table. Today is a very usual day. Zayn and I argue about who will buy lunch.

"How do you always get money?" I ask Zayn.

"Excuse me?" He asks.

"I mean, do you have a job?" I ask.

"Oh. No I basically clean the whole house so my mom gives me money for that." He says.

"Oh, I think I should get a job." I say.

"They're always hiring in London. That one time we went, that place." Zayn says.

"Do you guys have jobs?" I ask.

"Yes I work at Toys'r'Us but I used to work at the Cinema." Louis says proudly.

"Bakery." Harry says.

"I help my dad at his office as an intern." Liam says. Niall, Penny, Angela, Harry, and Kyle shrug.

"See, I need a job." I say.

"Yeah like I said they're always hiring in that part of town." He says.

We finally decide to go there tomorrow. After lunch Zayn and I slowly, lazily walk to French. When we get there, we still manage to be first. The class is filled with her calling on me multiple times and me, stumbling over every word. I lie my head on my desk.

"So tired." I whisper to Zayn from my position the desk.

"Me too." He says in the same position so we're face to face. I decide to look at my phone, my boredom has increased to that. I look through my apps when I remember the text I got this morning. I look to Zayn who is spacing out yet again. I smile and open up the text. The text isn't from him though, Its an unknown number.

        I can totally see through you, you're nothing but a filthy slag. I know you slept with him and now I'm going to tell everyone what a whore you are.