Chapter 6- Start of the Quest

-🐳Percy's first person POV🐳-

I slapped my alarm clock:

6:00am, it read.

I got up and got dressed into a camp half blood t-shirt, khaki shorts, some blue trainers, a blue hoodie then slipped on my bracelet with the bow charm and the spear charm. I slipped my ball point pen (Riptide) into my hoodie's pocket.
Then I got my infinite backpack from the hunters and filled it with lots of ambrosia, nectar, drachmas, mortal money, 3 pop up tents, some packaged food, three big bottles of water, a prism I found for iris messages, my drawing pad, and the pencil pack I use to draw with.(Pretend Percy drew out his dreams and other things) I smiled at the recent drawing, it was him with his arm slung over Thalia's shoulders, you could only see their backs, but they were sat on their branch on Thalia's tree, watching the moon rise. He had actually showed it to Thalia, and she loooooved it.

I then used the prism to make an iris message.
"Oh Iris, show me Zoe Nightshade, Phoebe (whatever her last name is), Ray Brighter, Sophie and Selena Key, and Bee Berry"
The image shimmered, then the mentioned girls appeared in front of me, all with big smiles on their faces.
"Hi Percy!" They said together.
"Hi!" I said back, I proceeded to tell them what's happened, leaving out Thalia, then told them about the quest I was about to do.
"Don't die" said Phoebe,
"I'll note that"
Then Iris' voice started chanting
"Use another drachma for an extra 5 minutes"
"Guys I have to go, byeeeee!"
"See ya's" and "Bye!'s" chorused from the girls' mouths as I swiped my hand through the message.

Feeling satisfied, I made my way to Thalia's tree.

But when I got there, I saw Annabeth, on her knees, her hand on the tree, talking about the quest at hand with her head down.

"Hey" I called softly.
Annabeth's head whipped in my direction, "hey, Percy. Wanna say hi to Thalia?"

"Sure"

I strolled over then placed my hand on the bark,
"Hey Thalia, it's me Percy!"

Thalia materialised next to me, but only I could see her.
I smirked at Thalia as she waved at me, but I didn't notice Annabeth's stormy grey eyes looking at me with curiosity.

"Who are you smirking at?" She questioned.

"No one" I said coolly, turning towards Annabeth so Thalia was behind me.

"Hmmmm..Well I'm going to go and say my goodbye to my half siblings,"

"I'll meet you here at 9:00"

"Okay" then she was gone.

I turned to Thalia,
"Hey Tree Face"

"Hey Kelp Head" she smiled, before enveloping me in a tight hug.

I hugged her back, my smile becoming wider as she became completely opaque.
She let go, then I realised she was crying, but her tears were cell sap.

I wiped them away with my thumb,
"Don't cry, Sparky, I'll be back before you know it"

"I'll just miss seeing you every morning"

"...I know, I'll miss you too"

For the rest of the morning I chatted with Thalia, until 8:30 when I needed to go and eat at the dining pavilion.

As I walked away from Thalia, she shouted,
"Missing you already!"

"You two!"

Then I was sat on my table in the pavilion, eating blue pancakes (inside joke with the hunters).

-🐳Line Break🐳-

I stood chatting to Annabeth next to Thalia's pine tree as we waited for Luke.

"So we have to go and see Apollo" said Annabeth almost excitedly, I'd almost forgotten this was her first quest.

"Yeah" I knew that Apollo would recognise me, after all I'm the only male to ever be like a brother to the hunters, I just hope he doesn't say anything about that.

"Then you'll find what's been stolen, but you've just begun... what's that about?"

"We know we'll find the stolen items, but some more dramatic things are going to happen? I don't know? You're the daughter of Athena"

"The third one is scaring me, not many people call me friend..." She said trailing off, staring at the ground with her stormy grey eyes.

Then Luke walked over with nothing but Backbiter and a shield that was currently a ring.

(I have all the supplies in my backpack)

"Are we ready to go then?" Luke questioned, twirling around Backbiter.

"Yep, come on, Argus is giving us a ride north to one of Apollo's many palaces."

"Okay, but can me and Annabeth say goodbye to Thalia, we haven't left camp since she...well, you know" he asked sadly.

"Sure I'll wait with Argus" I said then hopped into the van.

What Annabeth and Luke didn't know was that Percy's heart was aching having to leave Thalia, she would be on her own for who knows long, and plus, he just misses her already.

-🐳Line Break🐳-

We hopped out in the middle of a desert, next to a sparkling gold palace, frankly, it was pretty blinding.

"You ready?" I asked Luke and Annabeth.

They both nodded determinedly.

"Then lets go"