Chapter 28- Thalia's Birthday

🐳Percy's POV🐳

It was only when I saw Annabeth with puffy eyes and a frown in the pavilion when I realised I didn't speak to her.

She was sulking at the Athena table nibbling on a sandwich while the other Athena kids patted her shoulders and shot glares at me.

I swear I didn't mean to forget, it's just I was too busy day dreaming about Thalia and her soft lips!
Oops.

Anyways, I needed to speak to Annabeth because she was a really good friend, I didn't want to lose her.

Once she left the pavilion and began walking to the lava climbing wall, I ran after her and poked her shoulder.
When she turned to me her eyes went wide then emotionless.
"What?"

"Hi, I'm just er, wondering why you're so mad at me?"

Her glare softened a bit,
"It's just...nothing, I just feel a bit, umm, betrayed! Yeah, betrayed, because you didn't tell me about being friends with Thalia."

I could tell she was lying, but I didn't press on,
"So it reminded you of Luke's betrayal a bit?"

"Yep. Yes. Exactly, er, that."

I just raised an eyebrow.

"Anyways, see you around!"

She sprinted to the lava wall, tripping over her worn out trainers.

🐳Line Break🐳

Thalia laughed slightly when I'd told her about Annabeth and the conversation.

"She never was a good liar" she laughed, then turned to me with a serious expression. "I know that it's going to be a bit awkward with Annabeth at the moment, so if you need to talk to anyone, you can talk to me, besides, I'm getting out of the infirmary soon!"

"I can't wait to duel you"

She smirked at me,
"Let's see if the great Percy Jackson is as good as everyone says they are"

I smirked at her,
"Oh don't worry about that, I am."

We laughed together for a bit and then continued chatting about anything and everything.

"You know what date it is?" Thalia asked me.

"December 1st, why?"

"It's my birthday soon!"

"Oh, sorry" I said, scratching the back of my neck.

She just laughed and said its fine.

When it started to get late I headed back to my cabin, but I was stopped by Chiron.
"Hello, Percy"

"Hey, Chiron, what's up?"

"I noticed you're quite close to Thalia, have you been introduced?"

"It's a long story" a said, laughing slightly.

"Well just remember, Percy, now that you've gotten her out of that tree, she will risk your life for you at any point."
He began walking away.

"What?! How did you-"

But he was in the Big House, the door already shut.

I don't know how long exactly I spent staring dumbfounded at the Big House, but when I finally reached my cabin it was pitch black.
Chiron is great.

🐳Line Break🐳

December 22nd reached quite quickly, sometimes I forgot Thalia was around 8 months older than me, she was turning 14.

I'd gotten her a silver bow similar to the Hunt's -I miss them- and it can also turn into a bead like mine.
I'd also gotten her a normal bead to go with her bracelet, it was the same electric blue as her eyes and had a 'T' on it in black.

She was obviously out of the infirmary, but we still haven't had our duel, I'm looking forward to it.

I met her in the pavilion.

She was sat at the Zeus table, looking expectantly at some of the senior campers and Annabeth, obviously waiting for a 'happy birthday' but nobody said it.

Annabeth was still a bit awkward around me and Thals but she'll be back to normal soon.

As Thalia started to gaze sadly at Annabeth's back, I marched over to her table and sat down there when Chiron and Mr D weren't looking.

This was a normal occurrence, considering we both got lonely on our empty tables.

"Happy birthday" I smiled at her, and her beautiful eyes went bright.

"You remembered" was all she said.

"Obviously, you are my best friend"

"Thanks"

We ate our breakfast chatting like usual, laughing at our inside jokes and being sarcastic.

Once we both finished I placed her leather bracelet in front of her, both the beads on the bracelet.

"What's this?" She asked, pointing at it.

"Your birthday present," she looked shocked, "what? You think I'm gonna just ignore that it's your birthday?"

She smiled a bright smile at me then slipped it on her wrist.
"Thanks. Again."

I grinned then said,
"Tug on the bead with the silver bow on it"

She looked puzzled but did so.

The bead disappeared and in its place appeared a silver bow in Thalia's hands.

She gazed at it in awe, plucking the string,
"This is awesome"

I whispered to her,
"Zoe and Bee made it for you, it was my idea and I helped, but you should be thanking them"

She just placed her bow on the table and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You're the best" she said into my chest.

I just laughed and hugged her tighter.

🐳Line Break🐳

The rest of the day went by but no one said anything to Thalia about her birthday, she was clearly bothered by it.

"I'll speak to Annabeth" I offered, but she said it was fine and that she didn't care.

I spoke to Annabeth anyway.

"Hey Annabeth"

"Oh, hi, Percy"

"It's a nice day you know"

"It's always nice in the camp's borders." She said, then pointed to the snow beating down outside the borders, "it's not nice out there"

"Yeah... , do you know what the date is?" I asked, trying to get her to remember.

"December...22nd I think, why?"

"It's a pretty special day...don't you think?"

"It seems pretty ordinary to me, am I missing something?"

I was about to cry out 'ITS THALIAS BIRTHDAY YOU PIECE OF POOP'

But Annabeth said,
"Look I really have to go, us Athena kids are doing some research on this monster and I've found out something super important. Bye, Percy"

And she was gone without another word.

I decided not to tell Thalia about that but all that was on my mind was:

What is up with Annabeth?

AN: Some more Perlia fluff and Thalia's birthday!
Thank you for all the support and comments and I'll see you in the next chapter!
Bye!

-Cupcake❤️