Chapter 23- Clarrise You Look A Bit Different

🐳Percy's POV🐳

"CC's Spa and Resort" I read aloud as Annabeth plopped down next to me.

"Hmmm" Annabeth muttered, eyeing the sign suspiciously.

She opened her mouth to say something, when a tan girl (about my age) covered in a long, silky white gown came over. She had long, straight, brown hair and stern dark eyes. Another girl almost identical but older came over wearing the gown too.

The younger girl spoke first,
"Hello, I'm Reyn-"

The older girl coughed interrupting her,
"Remember, don't go saying our names."

"Sorry, Hyll- I mean sorry..."

She shook her head at 'Reyn-' then turned to us.
"Hello and welcome to CC's Spa and Resort, what is your name?"

I glanced at Annabeth who seemed interested in something by a pool- thanks for the support Annie!

"My name's Percy."

"Percy what? Do you not have a last name?" The older one asked.

"Percy Jackson"

She seemed shocked for a moment, but continued,
"And who is your companion?"

"Annabeth Chase" Annabeth answered confidently, crossing her arms over her chest "why do you need to know?"

"No reason." The older girl said quickly, she cleared her throat, "I'm going to take you to CC, she will help you."

Annabeth and I glanced apprehensively at each other, but followed the two girls into a huge pearly white building decorated with gems and stones.

🐳Line Break🐳

We were brought into a room with one wall covered in mirrors and in a corner was a cage of Guinea pigs squeaking like mad.

The two girls left almost immediately which left Annie and I alone in this weird room.

"Hello" an enchanting, feminine voice called out from the shadowed part of the room. "I'm CC"

A tall woman with almost reptilian eyes and long cascading hair swept over to us in a Greek toga in pure white.

"Hello Perseus and Annabeth." She greeted, her creepy eyes scanning is both like a security guard at an airport.

"Hi" I said back. I attempted to smile at her even though she creeped me out but I think it looked more like I was sneering.

"Hello, CC" Annabeth smiled, I could see the cogs turning in her mind, trying to decipher who she is.

CC glided over to us and circled around Annabeth studying every feature, she stopped and clicked her fingers.
"Aimee!"

A short girl with curly brown hair and green eyes shuffled over.

"Come give Annabeth makeover #75 please"

"Of course, CC" Aimee took Annabeth's hand gently, "come with me and we'll fix you right up!"

Annabeth looked like she wanted to retaliate, but she was dragged away before she could.

CC turned to me and walked me to the front of the mirror.
"Look at you. Look at all your flaws and imperfections, Perseus, I'm an enchantress or a witch, and if you drink this drink"- she held up a pink bubbling drink in a smoothie cup-"your imperfections will be gone."

She made her hands act out an explosion while she whispered, "Poof! Gone."

I looked at myself: I always thought my teeth were too crooked and my black hair was too messy and I'm too lanky and my skin has too many scars and-

"Yes, you have many flaws," she agreed as if reading my mind, "but it can all be fixed with just a sip of this drink."

The guinea pigs squealed in what seemed fear as she pushed the drink into my hands.

I was about to take a sip when a figure appeared in the doorway.

"Hey! Strawberry smoothie is my favourite I want one."

Clarrise.

She marched over and snatched the drink from my hands then gulped it down in one.

"No!" CC huffed, stomping her feet.

Suddenly, Clarrise started writhing on the floor twitching and shuddering like a broken machine.

A cloud of smoke surrounded Clarrise.

When it disappeared a black and white guinea pig was in her place.

AN: Hey guys!
Sorry about the short chapter and that I haven't updated- I've been camping with my cousins and there was no service or Internet.
But I'm back now!
Thanks for 4K views, it means soooo much to me and thanks for the support!
Anyways, I'll see you in the next chapter, bye!

-Cupcake❤️