Chapter 24- There's The Island

🐳Percy's POV🐳

Oh my gods.

What just happened?

I looked in horror at CC as she scowled at 'guinea pig Clarrise' muttering about idiot daughters of Ares.

Something clicked in my mind like a switch.
"You're Circe aren't you?"

She side-glanced at me with a malicious smirk on her face then turned to me fully,
"Why yes, I am. But I think letting everyone know I'm an evil sorceress might be terrible for business; so I call myself CC"

"I thought you turned men into pigs" I pondered inching my way towards Clarrise who was writhing almost angrily on the floor.

Circe's faced scrunched up in disgust,

"Pigs are too noticeable," -I reached down to grab Clarrise- "plus they smell atrocious which also isn't good for- hey!"

With Clarrise in my left hand and riptide in my other, I sprinted out of the building, an angry Circe in tow.

I sprinted in and out of tall, marble columns and prayed to every god- even Ares- that I would run into Annabeth.

Winding in between girls with cocktails in their hands who shot me confused looks and leaping over sun beds, I kept searching for Annabeth.
At one point, when Circe had tripped over her dress causing her to fall, I bumped into the smaller girl who escorted me to Circe.

Her dark hair flew everywhere as her head whipped around to me, she looked confused.
"How are you not-"

"Where's Annabeth?" I demanded, looking her dead in the eyes.

"I-I can't tell you."

"I know you want to help me..."

"Reyna, I'm called Reyna."

"Reyna, please help."

She looked me over and glanced at her sister on the other side of a luxurious looking pool then back at me.
"She's on the shore looking for you, you better go, Circe is getting back up."

"Thank you so much, Reyna, I owe you!"

I took off to the shore and saw Annabeth wearing a long, elegant dress similar to Circe's and her curly blonde hair had been tamed and braided; she looked great!

"Annabeth!"

She turned, startled, but sighed once she saw me.
"Hey, Perc-"

"We need to get out of here, now."

She looked puzzled,
"Why? What's happ- why do you have a guinea pig?"

"There's no time to explain!"

She looked confused and frustrated at the same time- she's a daughter of Athena, she obviously wants to know everything that happened.

"I'll explain once we're off this island, okay?"

She nodded.

I turned to board our boat but saw a horrible sight- some of the girls from Circe's island were finishing off destroying the boat.

"Oh gods." I muttered.

I frantically looked around for a boat but only saw one run down one- I'd make it work.

"Annabeth, this way!" I called to her as I took off running towards the beaten up boat, Annabeth just behind.

We both leapt on board.

"Annabeth, take the guinea pig below deck and you both stay there, I've got this"

She looked wary, but did so.

I focused my energy on getting the boat started but as we were about to disembark, I heard a defiant screech.

"No!" Circe screamed as she sprinted towards us with all the girls on the island- minus Reyna and her big sister- marching towards us ready to fight.

Holy Poseidon.

As a hoard of arrows were about to rain down on us, I made a wave launch up into the air and wash the girls and Circe to the other side of the island.

Once I was sure they were all washed away, I made the boat continue our course, going as fast as I could make the old, rickety boat handle.

🐳Line Break🐳

Once I knew that we were close to the destination, I went below deck to see Annabeth, now in her usual clothes, staring into space and frowning.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, breaking her train of thought.

"Oh, yeah, I was just thinking about the prophecy, that's all."

I plopped down on a chair next to her,
"I guess I have some explaining to do."

"Definitely."

I sighed, then explained what happened and how Clarrise is now a guinea pig.

"Oh gods! I don't know how to turn Clarrise back-"

"Annabeth, I doubt that we'll have the time, the island with the Golden Fleece is right near us, we might have to wait until we get back to Chiron."

Clarrise scurried in protest.
"Sorry, Clarrise but we need to protect camp."

"Well how about we go above deck and see this island?" Annabeth asked, standing up.

"Okay, stay here Clarrise."

Annabeth and I made our way above deck- an island with a chasm down the middle stood proudly in front of us, grass as bright as Apollo's teeth was being dusted by a warm breeze and perfect trees stood tall.
This tranquil place was ruined though, by a giant, slumbering on the other side.

This was definitely going to be interesting.

AN: Hey guys!
Here is another chapter and things are about to get intense!!
Thank you once again for the support, and also thanks for 5k views- ahgggggg it's so amazing to see everyone enjoying my story!
Anyways I'll see you in the next chapter, bye!

-Cupcake❤️