Chapter 32- Manticore

🐳Percy's POV🐳

"How should we find them?" I asked, turning to Thalia and Annabeth.

"We should probably try to blend in at first, like... we could dance!" Annabeth replied, looking at the people dancing. She not-so-subtly gazed at me hopefully, but I turned to Thalia.

"Sure, come on Thals, I'll dance with you" I smiled, taking Thalia's hand and leading her to the dance floor.

I saw Annabeth frown and sigh, then start dancing with a guy with red hair and wearing a simple black suit.

A slow song was currently on: it drifted around the room, gliding into our ears and circling around us as we danced.

Thalia had her freckly arms linked around my neck, and my arms were wrapped around her waist.

We swayed side-to-side for a little while, just looking into each other's eyes.

"You're beautiful, did you know that?" I said quietly to Thalia so only she could hear it.

She flushed pink slightly and sent me a small smile,
"You're a hopeless romantic, did you know that?" She said in an innocent sounding voice.

We both laughed quietly, then Thalia lay her head on my chest.

My heart was thudding fast; she had that affect on me. I could tell she could hear it: a smirk appeared on her gorgeous face.

As the slow song drifted into nothingness, Thalia stood back up straight and -after making sure Annabeth wasn't looking- planted a short but loving kiss on my lips that took my breath away.

I sent her a crooked smile before placing a gentle kiss on her lips in return (Annabeth didn't see, she was admiring her partner's lovely blue eyes and freckles).

A more upbeat song came on, lights flashed wildly and girls screamed in delight as they swung their arms around to the beat.

Thalia and I slid through the crowd towards the buffet table, noticing Annabeth was there looking quite lost and alone.

"Annabeth?" I called out to her.

She looked around before noticing Thalia and I, then perking up instantly,
"Hey, have you seen anything suspicious?"

"No, but I did notice some strange-looking chicken, maybe I could eat some to find out... I'm kidding I'm kidding!" I laughed, rubbing my arm were Thalia had lightly punched it, pouting playfully.

"Very funny" Thalia said sarcastically, smirking slightly, "what about you Annie?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes,
"My name isn't Annie, it's Annabeth"

"Whatever, same thing basically-" Annabeth huffed playfully "-and like I was saying, have you seen anything suspicious?"

"Not much, although I did see these two kids leave through the back door, they looked related - the girl seemed slightly older though." Annabeth explained.

"What did they look like?" I asked, remembering Chiron taking me aside to tell me what they looked like.

"I only really saw the girl, she had tan skin -olive I think, they looked Italian- she had dark brown hair and brown eyes, she was wearing a little cap t-" she stopped at the look on Thalia's face.

"Thals, what's wrong?" I asked her, she was paler than usual, and looked frozen with shock.

"P-Percy I need-need to-to speak to yo-you" she stuttered, pulling me to a secluded corner.

I didn't get time to ask what's wrong before she began to speak.

"Percy. The girl we are retrieving is called Bianca Di Angelo, and she has a little brother... the girl who was at camp half blood for a very short time who could speak to me was called Bianca -she didn't tell me her last name- and she had olive skin, brown hair, brown eyes and she always wore a little cap her mother gave her before she died! Percy! I think the girl that I thought had died looking for her presumably dead brother on a quest, just exited this very hall!"

AN: Dun! Dun! Dunnnnnnnn!
Hehe, plot twist!
Sorry for being gone for so long - I had no inspiration - but here's another chapter!
Thank you for 35k views, I cannot comprehend how I have gotten that many views and lovely comments, so thank you from the bottom of my Percy Jackson-filled heart!
Anyways, I'll see you in the next chapter!
Bye!

-Cupcake❤️