Chapter 11- Motheeeeerr! Youre here?

🐳Percy's POV🐳

I was sure we were just walking in circles.
Or maybe it's endless.
Ooh, maybe we keep going through portals which teleport us back to the start of the ca-
Never mind, we've reached a black river, polluted with diplomas, engagement rings, old photos and many other things.
Just looking at this poor river made me feel sad, but also powerless, like the sight of this river was draining the power out of me, reducing me to a pile of ashes.

The River Styx.

The river that can make you invulnerable, or kill you very very painfully.

Annabeth, Luke and I stood at the shore of the river, taking in the sight of this sacred water.

"Soooo, which way to Hades' place?" I asked, turning to face Annabeth and Luke.

"Well, I did some research about this entrance and it says that we have to walk 10 miles east and then we'll reach the line to go to either judgment, or the way through the fields of asphodel, past Elysium, then finally to Hades' place."
Annabeth concluded, smiling proudly like she'd figured out how to make world peace.

"Wait, 10 miles?!" Luke exclaimed, his eyes widening.

"Come on, Luke, we've come so far already, we can't give up! Let's go guys, Annabeth, you lead the way" I declared, Annabeth started walking east confidently, Luke and I trailing after her.

-🐳Line Break🐳-

I'm pretty sure we walked more than 10 miles, maybe 20.
When we reached the line to judgment, I was baffled by the amount of souls!

There were thousands!

We squeezed through gaps but Luke being the stupid oaf he is, kept bumping into people then apologising.

We reached a different path which seemed to go into a dark tunnel, with my enhanced hearing, I could tell it led to the fields of Asphodel because of the amount of souls crying in an undecipherable language.

"Through there is the Field of Asphodel, the place were people roam around with old memories and decisions haunting them for eternity." Annabeth said.

"You sure know how to lighten the mood" I muttered, then marched towards the tunnel, Annabeth and Luke in tow.

As soon as we set foot in there, all the background noise of annoyed and bored souls complaining faded away, instead it was replaced with pleas and screams of pure depression and torture. Even though I couldn't understand what they were saying, I could tell they'd seen horrible things.
It sent a shiver down my back like a cold finger tracing down my spine.

We shuffled with the other souls who were newly condemned to this place, trying to blend in.
But it was hard for three demigods with bright orange shirts to try to fit in with grey, transparent souls.

We reached the end and what I saw was dull, faded green grass that needed weeding, badly.

There was nothing else around, just boring grass with boring souls.

We got out of there as fast as possible, it was pretty depressing.

"that was so much fun" I said sarcastically, throwing my arms over Luke and Annabeth's shoulders, "now let's go past Elysium"

We continued strolling down the grey cobbled path until we spotted a colourful town filled with rainbow lights and the smell of warm barbecues.

People with bright smiles on their faces wandered around, being generally happy and kind, while little kids played in a park without tiring.
Elysium.
The place where all the great heroes of this world go, mortal, demigod, whatever. As long as you were a good person, you got to go to this wonderful safe haven.

We all stopped at the border and just basked in the sight of this pure peacefulness, then I spotted someone.

Mid-length brown hair that cascaded over her back. Bright blue eyes that sparkled as she spoke. Kind, motherly features that made you want to run over and hug her senseless. A small, petite figure that looked adorable. Every single feature was just how Artemis described her.

In the middle of the town, serving cupcakes, was Sally, my mother.