Chapter 22- Charbybdis and Determination

🐳Percy's POV🐳

I woke up with the feeling of someone pouring liquid blue cookies down my throat and muttering to someone who seems slightly agitated yet... relieved? I don't know, I'm not a mind reader!

I eventually opened my eyes painfully slow, and glanced around- turns out the someone pouring things down my throat is Annabeth, the liquid is nectar and the agitated person is, surprise surprise, Clarrise.

"Hey" I mumbled in greeting, my voice hoarse and rough.

Annabeth didn't notice I'd woken up, so she jumped in surprise and dropped the cup, sending the amber liquid everywhere. (AN: *slowly claps*)

"Oh, hi" Annabeth muttered, her cheeks pink with embarrassment. "How are you feeling?"

"Like schist"

"Not a surprise really, you did pass out from pushing your powers too much." She shrugged, "just to let you know, we are next to the Sea of Monsters- you were unconscious for about two days"

"Two days?!" I exclaimed, jumping off of the mattress I was on. "You're kidding, right?"

"Firstly, I wouldn't kid about that. Secondly, get your kelp-covered butt over here and back on to this mattress!"

"No! Thalia's tree is poisoned which means the camp's boarders are failing, I'd rather be a little tired and save everyone's lives than get my 'beauty sleep' and lose some! Now come on, you and Clarrise need to attempt to figure out this prophecy, while I..."

"While you what?"

"While I try to sail through the Sea of Monsters."

🐳Line Break🐳

I stood on the deck by myself, Clarrise and Annabeth were below deck, trying to decipher what the Hades this prophecy means.

I planted my feet firmly on the ground and raised my eyes that matched the sea to look up at what challenge I had to face: a huge swirling pool leading to a chomping mouth, Charybdis.

She was an orthodontist's nightmare. She was nothing but a huge black maw with bad teeth alignment and a serious overbite, and she'd done nothing for centuries but eat without brushing after meals. (AN: extract from the sea of monsters ^)

I pushed my hands forward and the boat groaned under the pressure, I leant forward and we spiralled around the edges of the pool.

"Uh oh, that was not the plan" I thought. "Eh, I'm used to that actually."

Wind whipped around me as I tried to pull the boat out of the spiral with all my might, but it was no use, I had a lot less control in the Sea of Monsters.
I heard Annabeth and Clarrise cursing and being thrown around and eventually they came up deck to see what was happening.

"What the Hades?!" Clarrise bellowed at me, "Why are you in the spir- AH!!"

Clarrise was pushed up to the edge of the boat by a gust of strong wind which only seemed to affect her.

"Clarrise!" I called to her as Annabeth and I ran over.

"I'm-I'm fine."

I pulled her off of the ground then another gust of wind pulled us both, we hung off of the edge of the boat, myself grabbing on for dear life while Clarrise hung onto me.

My hand ached from the weight, my fingers raw red, my gut tugged with excruciating pain as I attempted to get the water to push us up, no use, my chest filled with panic; Clarrise is going to die, I will die, Thalia will die, camp will be destroyed.
My entire body was yelling at me: "let go" it chanted. My eyes watered and stung, my teeth ground together with effort, the wind pushing my grip away from the boat. I glanced at the swirling water- could it heal me? I wasn't going to take any chances.
I thought about Ray and Sophie and Selena and Phoebe; they died for me, they gave me the ultimate sacrifice, and I wasn't going to let them down- I pulled us up higher. I thought about Thalia; she wanted to see me again, and I want to see her too- I pulled us up higher. I thought about Clarrise; she has a life, dreams, I can't let her die...

My chest swelled with a different feeling- determination- I will not let Thalia die, I will not let Clarrise die, I will not fail camp, I will not fail my sisters by giving up.

I swung Clarrise side to side with the last of my strength and flung her up to the deck, she scrambled away from the edge and I began to feel faint and drowsy- oh no.

My fingers were slipping away I was about to fall...

My hand slipped away from the edge and the wind picked up around me.

I was falling.

Annabeth reached down, grabbed my wrist and pulled me up.

I collapsed on the deck, exhausted from being suspended, but we were still in the spiral about half way towards the mouth.

I stood up shakily, thanking Annabeth in the process.
"Go tend to Clarrise" I told her, "I'll deal with this."

"I don't know, what if you fall again?"

"I have the best chance of getting us out of here, after all, this is water."

She looked worriedly at me, then gave in and took herself and Clarrise below deck.

I planted my feet firmly once more and closed my eyes.
Adrenaline pumped through my veins, memories flashed through my mind and horrific pain tugged my gut.

My father's voice murmured in my head,
"I'm very proud of you, my son."

Artemis' voice sniffles then murmured,
"Well done dearest Percy. My son, I love you."

Even though they were from memories, the encouraged me.

Then Thalia's voice spoke strong and clear,
"You're here. You came back like you promised. Thank you."

My heart ached as I remembered her tears.

I glared at the dirty mouth of Charybdis and bellowed,
"Sorry Charybdis, but not today!"

I let out a (manly) scream as power exploded through my body and I caused a wave to launch us into the air, past Charybdis and Scylla, her sister, I didn't stop pushing until they disappeared and another island came into my view.

Annabeth and Clarrise wobbled up the stairs and towards me,
"You did it." Annabeth smiled at me, then turned her attention to the island.

"Maybe we should have a break there." I suggested.

"I'm gonna stay on deck, we need someone to protect it." Clarrise said, then made her way below deck.

"She's thankful by the way." Annabeth told me, then shot me a small smile, "Thanks for getting us out of there but I'm not sure about this island, it seems, shifty."

"Well there's only one way to know" I jumped off of the ship and landed on the sand.

A sign on a white, simple shack caught my eye, it took a while with dyslexia, but it read: "C.C's Spa and Resort"

AN: Dun dun duuuuuuunnnnn! ;)
I wonder what will happen....

Anyways I hope you enjoyed an I'll see you in the next chapter, bye!

-Cupcake❤️