Chapter 13- My...My Sisters

🐳Percy's POV🐳

Water swirled around me, the ground shook and storm clouds formed in the sky, shooting down lightening and acid rain. None of it hurt me, but I also made sure it didn't hurt Annabeth.

Luke was getting pushed back my water and strong winds, then we duelled.

I definitely had the advantage.

After a few minutes, I had disarmed him, I held Riptide up to his neck,
"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you"
I spat.

He smirked,
"If you kill me, they will get killed."

He pointed to a dark corner.

A buff guy came out with slick back brown hair, a motorbikers outfit on and red firey eyes.
Ares.
But that was not the problem, he carried in 6 girls in chains.

Zoe, Phoebe, Ray, Sophie, Selena and Bee.

He had my sisters.

"Who are these people?" I said, trying to trick Luke.

He cocked his head to one side,
"I thought you were raised in the hunt?"

"No...why would a male be raised in the hunt?"

"....whatever. You're still a selfless person. These people have families, will you save them?"

I glanced over at my sisters.

They gave me looks to say 'we've got this'

I trust them.

I gripped harder on Riptide, about to stab him to Hades, when Ares leapt forward and disarmed me.

Luke slid back, picked up Backbiter, then impaled his sword through Ray's heart.
Ray...
No
Please
No
Ray
RAY

I struggled hard in Ares' steel grip.

He then stabbed through Sophie and Selena's heads.
Dead.
No!

I struggled more.

He stabbed through Phoebe's heart and head.
Dead.
STOP

I struggled hard, his grip was loosening more.

He then smirked at Zoe.

"Bye miss lieutenant"

Time seemed to freeze.
I remembered something.
But I promised I wouldn't use it again.
But it's an emergency, I have to.

I felt the ichor flowing through Ares' veins, I felt the water in Luke's body, the blood pumping around.
I gathered all my energy.

"Stop" I said with a firm voice.

Everything that people were doing stopped completely.
Zoe and Bee stopped struggling, Annabeth stopped creeping up on Ares,
Ares' grip loosened.
I jumped out of his grasp.

Annabeth jumped to Luke, they battled dagger to sword.
Whereas I, as foolish as ever, duelled with Ares.

Sparks flew as our swords clashed.
I turned into a warrior.
Roll, stab, duck, swipe then jump into the pond near Ares' feet. Repeat.

It was surprisingly balanced.

I continued doing it, but sweat was boring down my neck and back, whereas Ares looked like he could continue all year.

I needed a plan, fast. But I was exhausted, I couldn't use my powers.

I decided to stop my routine, be sporadic and unpredictable.

I slashed wildly, following no pattern.

Ares was startled, he was used to the routine obviously.

Then I did it.

I faked to the left, he went to block it, leaving his right open, with all my might I impaled my sword into Ares' hip.

Ichor flowed freely.

"I am bleeding. Well done. I must leave to heal, but trust me here, punk, I'm a bad enemy to make"

Then he disappeared in a flash of red light.

I glanced over to Luke and Annabeth, despite having tears in her eyes, she was doing well.

I sprinted over to Zoe and Bee, tears flowing when I saw my sisters.

"Ray? Sophie? Selena? Phoebe?" I said, shaking their dead bodies, my voice thick with tears.

(When words are in italics in this chapter, it's a flashback)

"Come on Perce, you can do it, just pull your arm back, exhale then shoot! It's super easy!" Ray smiled, her blue eyes sparkling.

"It's haaaaard" my five year old self pouted.

"Just be patient little Perseus, I believe in you, always"

Ray...

"All you need to do is"

"use this sharpie to draw on their face"

Sophie and Selena whispered, smiling mischievously as their blue and brown eyes gleamed.

"What do I draw?" My seven year old self asked.

"Anything"

"You can do anything you put your mind to, Percy."

Sophie, Selena...

"This is heeeeaaaaavy" my eight year old self complained, flopping onto the floor.

Phoebe laughed, the sunlight making her tanned skin glow.

"Don't worry, one day you'll be big and strong like me!"

I stood up.

"I wish I was like you, Phoebe"

"Percy, one day people will say that about you"

Phoebe...

Zoe and Bee both put their arms around me, tears flowing from their volcanic black and harvest green eyes.

"I love you two so much. But you need to go. Go back to Artemis. Tell her I love her and miss her. I can't look at you without seeing Ray and Sophie and Selena and Phoeb-"
I cried more.

Zoe and Bee nodded at me.
They squeezed me once more, then I cut their shackles, they disappeared into the woods.

I wiped my eyes, then made sure the unwanted moisture in my face was gone.

Gazing at the bodies, I placed 10 drachmas on each body, prayed to Hades that they'd go straight to Elysium, no hesitations, then the bodies were gone.

I turned to see Luke about to disappear into the woods opposite the one that Zoe and Bee went in to.

He glanced over at me, as if surprised I wasn't dead, he was obviously focused on battling.

"I'll be back. You won't be prepared"

Then he was gone, leaving a crackling lightening bolt and a pitch black crown in his place.

I looked over at Annabeth.

She was sobbing her heart out.

She ran over to me and embraced me in a sisterly hug, tears soaking my camp half blood t shirt.

"Why did Luke do this? He- he promised me he'd always be here" she continued sobbing, I didn't have the heart to interrupt her.

AN: *ducks under the thrown bricks, blue plastic hairbrushes and burritos* DONT KILL ME! I'm sorry...but trust me, this was sooooo difficult to write. But I'll see you in the next chapter...
Bye
-Cupcake❤️