Chapter 10- Percy Can Sing?!

🐳Percy's POV🐳

I walked back over to Annabeth, she was sat there chatting to Luke quietly.

"Hey" I called

She whipped her head around and looked very shocked about me being here.

"Um, hi?"

"Look I just wanted to apologise about shouting earlier, sometimes I let my anger get the bests of me, oops. But like Tha- Tracy said, 'I'm a seaweed brain'"

"Who's Tracy?" Luke questioned, while Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"I used to travel with her around New York, she called me a seaweed brain a lot" I lied, ughhhh too much lying, I hate it so much.

"Why are you apologising?" Annabeth asked.

"Because I snapped at you, children of Athena are naturally curious"

"Oh, well I'm sorry for being nosy, but by the way, you're awesome at drawing"

"Thanks"

"No problemo"

🐳Line Break🐳
📚Annabeth's POV📚
(At 8:00am)

"Guys, I think we should try and um... get into the, er, underworld" Luke said, his hands slightly shaking as he seemed obviously afraid of Hades' place.

"Yeah, how do we open the entrance?" Percy asked, looking over at me for guidance.

This put the skip back in my step, I'm a child of Athena, I'm full of wisdom and wit, I can do this.
"We need to open it by singing, or by playing music"

"Singing?" Percy asked, his eyes widening slightly, "that's up to you two, I don't want to make your ears bleed"

"I can't sing" Luke said, putting his hands up in the air like a sign of surrender, "I can fight, I can strategise, but I cannot sing to save my life"

"Same" I agreed, we'd both heard each other sing...and let's just say we're always honest to each other.
We looked over at Percy.

"What?" He questioned, looking between us both.

"Percy, just try, I've heard Annabeth sing and she's heard me sing, and let's just say, we are always truthful to each other" Luke stated beckoning Percy over to the closed off entrance.

He hesitated, biting his lip slightly.
Then he shuffled over, he obviously had no confidence in his voice.

"Do you have to be good at singing?" He asked, turning his back to the entrance so he could look at us.

"You have to be about average" I answered, then crossed my arms "come on, water boy, we won't judge you"

He just stared for a moment, as if sizing me up, I didn't know whether he was going to attack me or run of screaming. But, thankfully, he did neither.
He turned back to the entrance and took a deep breath.

John Legend-All of Me
"What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in and you kicking me out."

I literally almost collapsed on the spot.
His
Voice
Was
AMAZING
it was so soft and melodious!
Like liquid celestial bronze.
I felt drawn to him, like I should stop whatever I was doing and just listen.
I then realised Poseidon and Sirens are linked, and Percy must be like a siren- that's dangerous.

"You got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down.
What's going on in that beautiful mind?
I'm on your magical mystery ride.
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright.
My heads under water but I'm breathing fine.
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind.
Cause all of me, loves, all of you.
Love your curves and all your edges,
All your perfect imperfections,
Give your all to me,
I'll give my all to you,
You're my end and my beginning,
Even when I lose I'm winning,
Cause I give you all of me,
And you give me all of you, oh, oh"

The rocks tumbled and the entrance opened.

He opened his eyes, they were closed the entire time.

"How bad was I?" He questioned, looking at us almost guiltily, like he just murdered my family.

"Percy... that what AMAZING" I gushed, walking over to him "Percy your voice is the best I've ever heard, when you sang your voice drew my in like a siren, that's because Poseidon has links to them...so Percy you cannot tell anyone. If any bad guys find out, they could use your voice to lure people into traps, so be careful"

He was blushing immensely from the compliments,
"Thanks, uh, I guess"

Luke threw his arms over Percy and I's shoulders,
"Well then why don't we go see our lovely relative Hades?"

"Sure, I'm so excited to meet my uncle" Percy said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

We marched into the cave, and the entrance sealed behind us.