Chapter 8- Percy's Sarcastic Self

-📚Annabeth's first person POV📚-

I glanced over at Percy, his pitch black hair being blown slightly in the air as his sea green eyes scoured over LA.

"There it is" he pointed towards a huge building with fancy signs and lights strung form the roof.
The Lotus Casino.
A place where people get trapped by evil monsters.

"We'll have to be careful, they lure people in and they're hard to resist" Luke said from the left of Percy as he hung on to Guido for dear life.

Percy just nodded then looked towards me.
"Oh wise daughter of Athena, how do we get past those evil monsters that offer you endless video games and food?" He said sarcastically, although I did notice he was actually asking.

"We could get these pegasi to land at the side, then we could sneak to the back" I suggested, pointing to the right side of the building.

"Yeah, that'll work, well then guys, land over there," he pointed to the place I suggested, then the pegasi elegantly swooped down into a slow descent.

Apart from Blackjack, Percy spurred him on, so Blackjack tucked away his wings and he was plummeting like a rocket.
All I heard Percy say was
'WOOOOHOOOOO'

As they shot down, me and Luke chuckled.

-📚Line Break📚-

"Bye Blackjack, Porkpie, Guido" Percy said stroking each of their manes.

Then they galloped off into the sky gracefully.

"Well then, let's take a trip to my lovely uncle, shall we?" He said, even though I could tell he was nervous, he didn't show it like a true leader.

"Yep, come on" Luke smiled encouragingly.

We made our way to the back of the building, when we heard a snarl.

Percy jumped out of the way just in time.

The Minotaur stood there, a 6 foot 5 bull man made of solid muscle, and he had an axe.

But instead of sneaking around or outsmarting this creature, Percy brought out a ballpoint pen.

"What are you gonna do wi-"

I was cut short when he uncapped it, a long celestial bronze sword appeared, glowing with power.

"Hey beef burger!" He shouted, getting his attention off me.

The Minotaur turned to Percy snarling.

"Ewwww, you need a tissue! There's a convenience store just down the road I cou-"

The Minotaur growled.

"I'll take that as a no. Well then I hope you like Tartarus, say hi to Nyx for me will ya"

Then he launched into battle with the Minotaur.
He slashed and slashed but, surprisingly, the Minotaur dodged.

But then I saw Percy's eyes light up, he had an idea.

He walked in front of a tree and beckoned the Minotaur to come at him,
"Come on, beef cakes, I know you want me"

The Minotaur charged, Percy used the tree as a springboard and leaped into the air, he land on the Minotaur's back and gripped onto one of his horns.
He pulled and pulled then,
SNAP!

As the Minotaur jumped back in pain, Percy leaped off of his back, rolled like a spy once he landed, and stabbed the Minotaur in his stomach.

The monster crumbled to dust.

  Me and Luke just stood there, our mouths wide open.

Even though Percy could beat Luke, they thought it was beginners luck, but now, it's as if he'd been fighting since he was born!

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" Percy joked, flashing us a lopsided smile.

"Right" that snapped me out of our daze, "we need to go into the, um, the Underworld"

AN: sorry about the shortness, I just wanted a dramatic ending okay?! 😂
Anyways, I'll see you in the next chapter, bye!!!!

-Cupcake❤️