Chapter 30- A Quest

🐳Percy's POV🐳

We were very near to camp when Thalia turned to me,
"Percy?"

"Yes?"

"Are we going to tell anyone about our relationship?"

I turned to her fully as we stopped walking and tucked a piece of silky hair behind her ear,
"If you want we can keep it a secret for now"

She smiled at me almost shyly,
"If you don't mind, it's just, whoever Luke is working for might capture me to bait you somewhere and I don't want you getting hurt because of me"

"I understand"
I placed a soft kiss on her pink lips and stroked my thumb across her porcelain cheek,
"We should get back to camp"

She placed her hand over mine,
"Okay"

🐳Line Break🐳

We met Annabeth were she said and carried on were we left off : shooting targets and Annabeth failing miserably.

Soon, the sky turned darker and darker and we had to retreat to our cabins for the night.

"See you tomorrow" Annabeth smiled, before trotting off to her cabin.

Glancing around to make sure no one could see, I dragged Thalia to her pine tree and we sat in our branch like old times.
She lay her head on my shoulder and sighed contently,
"This is perfect"

I smiled and kissed her.
It was longer than the others but still gentle and sweet.
When we broke apart she lay her head on my shoulder once again.

I gazed at the constellations and grinned at the moon as we listened to each other breathing.

Thalia was right : this is perfect.

🐳Line Break🐳

The next day, everything changed.

"Percy, Thalia, Annabeth, please come with me" Chiron demanded.

Shooting each other confused looks, we followed the wise centaur towards a place were no one was around.

He turned to us.
"I need you three to go to a school and retrieve two demigods"

"Really? That's awesome!" I smiled, I liked that Chiron trusted us so much.

"They are called Bianca Di Angelo and Nico Di Angelo. Bianca is 12 and Nico is 10"

He then proceeded to tell us they were in a boarding school in a place I hadn't heard of before.

"I know that place, it's not to far from where my dad lives" Annabeth said, looking proud of herself for knowing.

"Very well. You will leave tomorrow at dawn"

We spent most of the day packing things into my endless backpack.
I made sure that I Iris Messaged my sisters as well, they spoke to Thalia too!

Chiron demanded that instead of training with Beckendorf we should go and rest, so we all said goodnight and retired to our cabins.

🐳Line Break🐳

I woke at 3:06am.

It was completely silent except for the rustling of leaves and the groan of my bed once I stood up.

My cabin was smothered in an inky blackness, except from near the windows, where beams of moonlight streamed through the immaculate glass.

I walked around my cabin for a while, deciding what to do. If the Golden Fleece hadn't brought Thalia back, I would of gone straight down to her tree to chat with her.

I decided , after a while, that I would sketch something - I hadn't done that in a ages.

I picked up my drawing pad and the pencils Thalia bought me, sat down on a chair near a window, and just let my hand glide across the page.
The sound of pencil on paper was surprisingly relaxing.

I sketched Zoe and Bee.

They looked like they were laughing at a stupid joke I had said and it made me miss them a lot. Zoe had her usual smirk and her plait fell onto the back of her neck instead of being on her right shoulder, most likely from tossing her head back and laughing. Bee's eyes were bright as she showed off her pearly white teeth in a wide smile and her arms, littered with battle scars, were tucked over her stomach.

It was probably my favourite sketch of my sisters.

At 4:17am I finally curled back up in bed, excited and slightly nervous to go looking for Bianca and Nico Di Angelo.

🐳Line Break🐳

I dressed in my camp half blood t-shirt, shorts, black hoodie with a white trident in the centre, my special bracelet with the beads on and some dark blue sneakers.

I picked up Riptide (in pen form) and twisted it around my fingers then shoved it in my hoodie's pocket and got the shield that turned into a wristwatch that Chiron had kindly given me.

I strolled out of my cabin with my backpack slung over my left shoulder and made my way to Thalia's pine tree. Chiron was waiting with Annabeth.

"Hello, Percy" Chiron greeted.

We waited another 5 minutes or so until Thalia showed up, then we were ready to see the oracle and start our quest.

AN: WOOHOOOOO! Another quest!
We are finally going to meet Nico and Bianca!!
Also, we are obviously going to bump into the hunt which will be fun!
Anyways, thanks sooooo much for 21k (I'm literally tearing up)
and I'll see you in the next chapter!
Bye!

-Cupcake❤️