Chapter 14

****Max****

5 months later...

I rolled into the office with the mother of all hangovers. My Monday agony. Not wanting to face this day at all I forged on the best way I could as best as I could.

The thumps in my head steadily made me realize that I should have never downed all that Patron. but, I needed my escape from the bitch with the raging hormones that wouldn't leave me alone.

I needed to slip into my usual drunken stupor, lock down my forte from that evil dragon and slip into peaceful unconsciousness. With my princess in my dreams, I conquered everything.

My gritty eyes held the blank screen before me in a slight haze. My shoulders tight with tension and my palms sweaty. They shook as they typed out the long email with the long awaited message I meant to send her. I paused frequently and erased then deleted words only to start over again.

It was a message intended to poor out my heart, describe my rage, my love, me fear...and some point my resignation. Because by now I knew she was gone for good.

I was so upset with her and at the same time I understood her underlying reasons for leaving. It would be wrong of me to be married to Bianca and be with her at the same time. Pretty sinister actually. Make love to her by night and face off during the day with the unwanted wife.

I clacked away pouring out my soul on the black keys, I wanted her to feel what I felt. I wanted her to feel my hurt and pain. but then again....I wanted her to know how I ache to have her in my arms.

Frustration rolled over me as the words in my head weren't coming out like I needed to. It's not easy expressing your feelings when you have never done it before.

God. I hurt all over. I was a fucking mess, my heart in turmoil and my spirit so gloomy and lifeless.

Where was Kira now? Was the pain of our separation starting to ease for her? Or was she still as devastated by it as I was?

I stopped. I highlighted the whole damn thing and deleted it. Then began again.

Half way towards the end of it, I sat back somewhat satisfied, my lips tightened with determination as I eyed the send button.

I hesitated.

Before I could continue, long, slim manicured fingernails and a hand slammed my laptop shut followed by a paper. I frowned and stared at the dark oval picture with numbers and Bianca's name. I looked up and peered into angry icy blue eyes.

My jaw clenched.

"I waited for you at the Dr's office. I had an ultrasound today and you never showed up. It's good to know you care enough to see your child is healthy." she angrily shoved the paper forward.

I stared at it. Then at her.

I leaned back in my chair grasping for some sense of patience as my eyes rolled down her body to her small round stomach. Staring at the evidence of why I was typing the email in the first place.

"I never agreed to go with you," I said curtly in a matter of fact tone.

I could see the hurt and anger brimming in her eyes and it had no effect on me.

"How long are you gonna punish me Max? I'm carrying your child." she whispered.

Indignant with her words I looked at her with a raised brow. I scoffed with the question.

"Punish you? Is that the way of it Bianca?" I looked at her.

I stood slowly and walked around my desk to face her.