Chapter 17

****Max****

My eyes intently scroll through my messages on my tablet as I sat back in the car rolling along with the morning's hectic traffic.

It's been a crazy weekend. Bothersome and long as I woke up in time to see my little sister sitting on the island table in a romantic embrace sucking face with Josh.

Yes, Josh.... As much as it bothers me some I don't bother getting involved I don't have the patience or the desire to.

Remember, she is my little sister and we eat at that table. I pointed out sternly.

I was completely ignored and bile crept up my throat as they continued to kiss, he groaned and grabbed her ass.

"I can't...nope...nope I'm not doing this now," I shook my head and left without my coffee and bagel I was craving.

"Mr. Chase, we may have to do a detour on 12th the road is congested they are doing work on it," Wilson said.

I nodded as he drove further down and turned on 35th and drove a bit further down. We made it to a slow crawl as the street was busy as well and I noticed we were infront of Winthrop towers.

My eyes fell on the black limo that was there and the driver that pulled open the door. My heart fell to my stomach staring at the woman that stepped out and turned to smile at the driver.

It can't be.

Quickly I sat up and continued to look as she turned to the revolving doors.

My heart slammed in my chest like crazy.

"Wilson stop the car!" I called out.

The car jerked to a halt and I jumped out mid traffic. Dodging the slow cars I stepped up on the sidewalk and entered the building just in time to see her step onto the elevator.

I rushed over, but I was too late. Damn it!!!..

I stood back and impatiently waited for the other elevator. I was a mess and perspiring as the second one dinged.

Shit, it was her. Kira. It was definitely her.

What do I say when I see her?

I looked at my watch and noticed I was going to be late for my meeting but I had to see her. Talk to her.

Finally, I walked off the elevator and walked it down the long hall towards the lobby.

Once there I was side swiped by a little girl that ran right into me. Before I toppled her over I caught her. Slowly I knelt before her and held her steady.

"Easy there sweetie," I chuckled as her eyes bulged before settling on my knees before her.

She was the cutest little thing I've ever seen.

"Where are we running off to?" I asked as she shyly swayed and looked behind her then back at me.

Her eyes were captivating. Gray... go figure.... I looked at her intently. Studied her even. Long black curly locks of hair bounced as she fidgeted. Pretty light caramel skin. She had this look about her and shyness that was too adorable. Her features and demeanor were....familiar...just as the eyes. They reminded me of...mine.

I'm way ahead of myself at this point because it's ridiculous. Right.

But, my heart settled on this sensation as I held her petite fingers in mine. I felt warm and something more I couldn't explain.

"What is your name?" she sweetly asked.

"Maximilian," I answered.

Immediately those beautiful eyes widened with an adorable smile and she giggled.