Chapter 30

****Max****

The Big Day

I don't think I have ever felt this nervous!!!!

I tackle the bow tie at my neck for the fifth time since I put it on.

I stared at the image before me and I feel like it's a stranger decked in his most elegant attire staring back at me.

At the same time I regret the slight grogginess from all the booze we ingested last night because it was a wild night.

We golfed, hung out at the country club and went yachting and to top it off we went wild in my dad's den (Man cave) drinking, playing pool and watching football.

After my fifth Kamikaze, third tequila and I think but I'm not too sure if I drank or spilled my rum and coke, I was feeling warm and cozy....well enough to text my bride -to -be to tell her she meant the world to me before I passed out.

A cup of espresso was the morning brew courtesy of her dad as he stumbled into the den where we crashed. We all looked awful, but were excited all the same. I felt better some after my shower, then the panic set in when Jayden rushed in and alerted us all that we needed to get ready.

I wasn't allowed to see her, but I was anxious and impatient.

I pulled at my sleeves and checked my cufflinks in that moment my dad came in.

I turned to watch him slowly approach and help me with my tie and fix the wine colored handkerchief next to the white rose pinned to my lapel.

His eyes were slowly turning red a bit as he stood back and held me at arm's length.

"Are you ready?" he smiled. His voice filled with so much emotion.

I smiled back. "Dad, I was ready from the day I met her," my throat worked at the lump slowly forming.

He nodded patting me on the shoulder.

Suddenly he pulled me tight into his arms. I hugged him tight as well.

He pulled me away and held my head in his hands, gazing into my eyes with a firm loving stare.

"I have no need to give you any advice son, you practically have it all figured out." he chuckled then he paused.

"I'm proud of you son." he whispered hoarsely.

I nodded as he pulled me in roughly for another hug.

It wasn't long before Josh poked his head in and announced it was time to go.

We arrived at Westbury and got into place as rehearsed days ago.

My palms grew sweaty as the countdown began and I shook hands with the priest that would marry us.

We got into position as all the guests took their seats. A brief silence followed.

My eyes stared at the door where she will shortly enter from. I swallowed at the dryness in my throat fairly aware now of the sudden cold sweat.

Suddenly the soft tunes of Canon in D began to play. Everyone began to quiet down to hushes and shhhs as the door opened. My face lit up as everyone awed and cooed over my little princess throwing rose petals on the floor. Precious as can be she was sprinkling them all over. Shortly after Kira's bridesmaids entered. Simply beautiful they were.

They got into place. Then the song came to an end.

My eyes landed on the oak door that closed shortly. Waiting for Kira's grand entrance.

The moment the door slowly opened and everyone stood, my eyes landed on the most gorgeous breathtaking view I have ever seen. My limbs went weak and my heart slammed in my chest as our eyes met.