Chapter 29

Ashley

Before the guards left, they told me about how he fought, and how he challenged all of the rogues so hardly anyone got hurt. He was so heroic and selfless, I never knew this about him, it was nice learning about him. the last guard walked out and gave me a small reassuring smile before he left and shut the door. Leaving me with Roman and my thoughts. I listened to the beeping, and the hum of his breathing. I closed my eyes and rested my head on his arm, why is this happening to me? Why am I reacting this way? I felt myself drifting off to the sound of Roman, when the door opened revealing Jared. Also not far behind him was Jasper, Jared walked in with a long in marked bottle, it had twine and a cork sealing it. I watched as Jared poured the murky red liquid with black spots into a cup. "This is a quick healing potion, have him drink some every 12 hours. The nurses don't believe in using potions but it is desperate measures." he said handing me the cup.

I smelled the liquid, and gagged when the horrific scent went up my nose. "What's in this?" I asked putting the cup to Roman's mouth.

"You could have asked the witch that made it but she's long gone now..." Jasper said "Witches migrate, and we haven't had one for a couple of weeks."

Wow, so witches are real too. I wonder if everything else is too? I tilted his head back and started pouring a little in his mouth, I then stopped and set the cup down. He was so peaceful when he was out cold. Jared walked over to me and knelt down, "Listen the pack needs a strong mind and person to run it while he heals. You need to be that strong person, strong for this new family you have found." he told me.

"But I don't even know how to take care of a dog more or less, but a whole pack of people, That is way out of my place!" I told him.

I trusted him, he knew loss as well as Roman. He is second in command after all, he always knows what to say. "How about I help you? I can help you be strong for them." he said resting his hand on mine " I never said you had to do it alone." he told me with sincere eyes.

I nodded, "Okay." looked back at Roman and back at Jared. These two really care for me, I hope I don't lose them, like I did with my mother. Jasper looked at his watch and nodded towards Jared.

"Lunch should be ready in a half hour, I will walk you back to the pack house" Jared told me taking my hand

I stood up Jared in front and Jasper in back, I didn't have a good feeling about Jasper anymore. What if he was the one who brought the rogues? He could always bring more, that might be what the dream was telling me. Jared led me out the front this time, I still could see some remnants of blood, but there were no bodies. We walked the whole way to the pack house, and I had some time to think of what I would say. We walked into the house and I could see some people still going into the dining room. They moved aside for me to pass, but I waited for them all first. Once everyone was inside, I walked in and over to the table. I didn't even bother to sit down because there was no need to. These people have questioned and I can only answer them as best as I can, "Um hello" I started waving to get there attention "I want to answer some of your questions as best as I can, so of you have any I'm here and feel free to ask me" I said as loud as I could.

As soon as I finished speaking a man stood up, "Where's the Alpha?" He said.

I felt my heart drop and myself stagger a bit at the sudden question, but I took a deep breath, "He is healing right now from massive blood loss, derived from a large gash on his back, and hopefully will recover in time." I said.

I might not know how to run a pack, but I do know how to talk to people. After the man nodded and sat down, satisfied with my question a woman stood up, "And who will run the pack while he is away? You have only just gotten here and don't know how it is run." she said.

I can tell they're testing me, and seeing if I earn their respect. I stood up tall and looked at the whole crowed "I will run the pack, with assistance from Jared, and hopefully everyone else. Yes, I am not from here, and yes I have no idea how it runs, but neither did you when you were first born to this pack. I am willing to learn if someone only would teach me about it." I said to everyone.

The whole pack nodded into agreement while the woman sat back down, "Now whose hungry for lunch?" I said smiling around.

I saw a few raised hands from the kids, and nods from the adults. Jared stepped over to me and smiled, "Go get it started!" he told me "Just like how Alpha Roman did it." he turned me around and gently nudged me towards the buffet table.

I swiftly walked over there, grabbing a sandwich and some chips. I still didn't like all the eyes on me while I was getting my food. I then made my way back to the table, sitting down and throwing a chip in my mouth before smiling at everyone. Some laughed while getting up and going to the buffet table. I giggled to myself while looking over to Sophia, she had just grabbed herself a sandwich​ and some fruit. She looked at Jasper and moved to sit in his chair to sit next to me. Jasper smiled down at her and shook his head, he sat in the other seat next to her. While my left was empty, it felt cold where he sat. Like a ghost was there in place...

Ok, so here is how the double uploads are going to work...

I live in the eastern time zone🌎, and I will post at 12am🌞, and 12pm🌛...

So there is a 12 hour separation between each update🌠...

And I have time to write the other updates...

I hope you like it, it is just the best to fit my schedule​, and I thought for the others that like in other countries that it would work...

Thanks so much for the love and support💕❤

<❤-💛-💙-💜-💚-🌈-💚-💜-💙-💛-❤>