Chapter 27

I wondered mostly about Dimitri during the course of my day as I sat there watching Carmen slip and slide into one dress after another. She was truly very excited about everything and she just could not contain herself when she slipped into a gold firm fitting thin strapped dress wjth roushing. She had found her dress and she was ecstatic about it. I didn't even dare try and take anything from her so I gave an applaud as she twirled around in her dress. She did look absolutely stunning in it. With Carmen's dress found, she yanked me off of my feet and shoved me into the changing room, tossing a dress at me through the curtains. It was a bright crystal blue. Not at all my color. And when I stepped out looking and feeling like a giant water droplet, I refused to ever wear it again. Carmen burst out into crazy laughs while I just wanted to rip this dress off of me. If it wasn't so darn expensive, I probably would have. Dressed in my own clothes again, I decided not to allow Carmen to choose another dress for me which she believed I would look stunning in. I ignored her whispers as she found another dress for me and just continued to search the railings of dresses for the perfect one to my liking and acquired taste. There honestly was not many to choose from that I would even consider my type of style. That is till I saw it.

The dress that I could actually see myself wearing. It was a silver saturn dress with thin straps, a low cut open back and a sweet heart neck line in the front. It was simple yet elegant and beautiful all on its own. I tried the dress on immediately with a pair of matching silver heels which I had found near to where the dress was hanging. I stepped out of the changing room and hurried up to the mirror to see myself in it. Carmen could not contain herself. She was almost just as excited about my dress as she was for her own. Though she had reason to. I think I looked great. I loved the way this dressh just gently draped over each curve of mine, showing off enough to draw the attention of many while also leaving a lot to the imagination. I could not believe that I would ever like a dress as much I liked this one. I almost didn't want to take the it off of me. Then suddenly I heard Carmen whisper to me that Dimitri had just walked into the boutique. I bolted. I don't know why, but I really didn't want Dimitri to see me wearing this dress. I rushed into the changing room and closed the curtains behind me. Why was Dimitri here? I started to undress, taking the dress off of me along with the heels. Did Dimitri see me here? Did he see me in the dress? I truly hoped not. I hurried to undress and change back into my own clothing as I heard Dimitri's voice outside of the changing room. It sounded like he had just greeted Carmen. The next thing I could make out was my name being said. I think Dimitri had asked for me and Carmen had just said where I was. I pulled on my socks. Dressed in a hurry, pulling on my jeans and throwing on my jersey. I brushed my hair neatly with my fingers before stepping out from the changing room, clenching my jacket firmly in my arms. Only then did I realize I had forgotten my boots behind. Dimitri stood there beside Carmen in the boutique when I stepped out. Our eyes met and I suddenly felt the urge to blush from embarrassment as I knew that I probably looked pretty stupid standing here in my socks like this. I fought back the urge to tun and hide. It was difficult to resist from even daring to do so. I straightened myself and tried to act normal and utterly surprised to see Dimitri standing there.

"Let me leave you two alone while I go pay for my dress."
Carmen said.

She smiled at me before rushing away from where we were standing, leaving Dimitri and I alone together. This was somewhat of an awkward moment here between us where neither of us really knew who should speak first or what should even be said. I kind of wished that Carmen had not gone anywhere. Especially when I thought of the way Roman's eyes went back in the alleyway and more importantly how Dimitri didn't even flinch at that sight.

Then suddenly Dimitri broke the silence between us. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to upset you like that. I just saw what Roman was trying to do and felt like I needed to act." Dimitri said.