Her?: Part 4 of 1

Frisk awoke, blinking her eyes blearily. Everything around her was blurred, but she could vaguely see green in her peripheral vision.

As her vision began to clear, she realised that she was leaning against someone's chest, and their hands lit with glowing green magic were slowly hovering over her body.

She yelped in surprise and jumped out of the person's embrace, settling a few feet away from them.

Sans looked back at her, his hands still hovering over where she had been. He sighed and dropped his hands, the green light extinguishing.

"What were you doing?" Frisk asked nervously. She hugged her knees, rocking back and forth. Wait, her clothes were back on? When did that happen?

"I was soothing the pain." Sans replied. "But you still won't be able to walk."

"Why would you do that?" Frisk looked at Sans suspiciously. Unfortunately, she was still weak from before and almost fell over. Sans teleported to her side and helped support her.

"Something you said." He replied quietly. His hands ignited green again and he resumed healing her, sending waves of soothing energy into her body. "What did you mean when you said her?"

Frisk stared down at the ground. "I don't know how to explain.." She murmured, looking a little guilty. Sans watched her, his lidded gaze scrutinizing her. "We've got time." He replied.

Frisk sighed. Seems like there was no way out of this. "Fine.. It.. started with the first person I met when I first fell down here. She was another human. She said her name was Chara, and that she was the first fallen human."

Sans's eyes widened in surprise and recognition. The royal child? "But.. she has to be dead.. She died years ago."

"She was, but she was only in a corporeal form. She melded her conscious with my body so that she could guide me on my journey through the underground."

"At first, she was really helpful. She explained how things worked in the monsters' world, and helped me through puzzles. But then, we met our first monster."

"I didn't want to, but Chara suddenly became overcome with rage. She took over my body, and killed the monster. Afterwards, she let me have control of my body again. She always did after she killed someone, and I was left to deal with what I had done."

"But then I met you. You were so charming and funny. I fell in love with the way you talked, the way you moved. You were just so polite and you didn't seem lustful at all, unlike all the other monsters I met. It only drew me more to you. And when I was around you, Chara somehow couldn't take over my body. It was like my love for you allowed me to think clearly."

"Unfortunately, I didn't know that staying with you allowed me to keep control of my body. You left, and I encountered more monsters. They all died."

"And now we're here." Sans finished, his purple eyelights sad. "Almost everyone in the underground is dead."

"Because of me." Frisk sighed. "Their dust is on my hands."

"But it wasn't you." Sans protested, looking up at her.

"It was still my hands." Frisk replied bitterly. She stared down at her hands, as if she could still see the dust on them.

Sans sighed and stared off into the corridor. They sat there for a moment in silence. It was a lot to absorb, and Sans wasn't really sure what to think of all of this.

Eventually, he spoke again. "Frisk, you want to get out of the underground right?"

"Yes?" She looked back at him curiously. What did he have in mind?

"Then we have to meet Asgore." He had a determined set to his face. Frisk almost felt hopeful, but realised something important.

"I can't walk." Frisk replied miserably. How was she even supposed to fight the King if she could barely stand?

Suddenly, she was lifted into the air. Frisk yelped in surprise and stared up at Sans, who was now carrying her.

"You were saying?" Sans smiled down at her, making her blush. "Let's go meet King Asgore."