The Surface: Part 10 of 3

Chara held true to her word. She didn't kill anyone, and eventually even broke the barrier, freeing monsterkind from the underground.

Sans watched her progress, conflict in his mind. On the one hand, he was happy that everyone was now freed. But on the other hand, he knew he was confined to a fate with a murderous demon.

On the surface, the King and Queen bought a large mansion which they invited many of the monsters to live in while they settled. Among those that agreed to live with the royal family for the time being were Mettaton, Alphys, Undyne, Papyrus, Sans, and of course, the royal family's child, Frisk.

Sans liked the mansion's airy atmosphere. It had five floors in total. The first held the living room, kitchen, and dining room. The second floor housed the guest rooms. Third floor was for the actual residents. There was a boy's hall and a girl's hall, separated by the King and Queen's bedroom. The fourth floor held all the recreational entertainment such as a movie theatre, a gaming room, and arts and crafts room. The fifth and final floor was the library, which contained a large selection of books. It was filled with comfy chairs and desks and even had a balcony to read on.

Sans sat on the edge of the bridge that spanned over the large koi pond in the backyard. He stared at the water, watching the ripples that the fish left.