A New Suitor: Part 21 of 5

(The next day.)

Papyrus has moved Sans back into Sans's old room, which was connected via bathroom to Papyrus's room in the boy's hall of the mansion.

It was around 1 in the morning. Papyrus was still out on his jog. Mettaton had a interview so he wouldn't be back soon. The only people in the house were Sans and Toriel.

Sans lay on the couch in the living room, asleep. He had been running a fever off and on the entire day and was really tired.

Toriel stared at Sans in concern as she tidied up the living room. She had had a crush on him since the first day she heard his jokes through the ruins door. Asgore was nice of course, but after what he had done, she didn't think she would ever forgive him again.

Toriel watched the rise and fall of Sans's chest as he slept. He looked so peaceful, all the worries vanished from his face.

He was good at keeping his emotions inside, but she knew whenever something was bothering him. And to her, he looked worried almost all the time.

Toriel sighed. If only she could help him. She loved him so deeply, but she knew he was married to her child. She walked over to where Sans lay, and stared down at him. So peaceful.

Toriel looked around furtively. No one was in the house, so no one would see. And he was still asleep. She bent down, and kissed him lightly on the mouth.

As she withdrew, she looked back down at him again and cried out in surprise. Sans was looking back at her with a sleepy expression, smiling.

"Hey, Tori."

"S-Sans! I didn't realise you were awake!" Toriel laughed nervously. Sans sat up in a sitting position and patted the seat next to him. "Wanna sit?"

Toriel blinked, her heart beating fast. She knew she had to be blushing really hard right now, but Sans had the courtesy to pretend not to notice. She sat down next to him.

Sans sighed, swaying a little.

"Are you alright, Sans?" Toriel looked over at him in concern.

"I'm fine, just a little dizzy."

"Here, you can lean on me." She shifted so that she was closer to Sans. He leaned against her and sighed. Toriel blushed, staring down at him.

"Sans?"

"Hmm?" His eyes were closed. Toriel fiddled nervously. "I-I love you."

Sans opened his eyes and smiled. "I love you too, Tori. You're one of my closest friends."

Toriel looked down at the ground, devastated. "Yes, o-of course."

Sans sighed and got up. "I think I'm going to go take a nap in my room. Thanks."

She blinked. "For what?"

He smiled. "For supporting me." He walked over to the stairs and began to climb up.