Unbelievable: Part 11 of 3

"Wait, you're serious!?" Undyne was never really a quiet person, but she practically shouted this in her surprise. "You're actually dating Sans!?"

"Yep." Chara, Undyne and Alphys sat together in the living room. Chara had just told them that she and Sans were a couple, and they still couldn't believe it.

"Bu-but in the und-der gr-ground, Sans was kn-known as one of the le-least avail-lable bachelors ever!" Alphys exclaimed.

Chara shrugged. "I asked him out, and he said yes." "Wowww". Alphys and Undyne both breathed.

"What's with the commotion over here?" Papyrus asked as he walked over. "Did you hear?" Undyne said excitedly. "Your brother's in a relationship!"

"Huh!?" Papyrus stared, dumbfounded, back at Undyne. "Is this true?"

"Ask Frisk!" Undyne gestured to Chara, who was sitting next to her. "She's the one dating him!"

Papyrus looked over at Chara. "I'd.. rather ask my brother. Do you know where he is?"

"I think he's out back." Undyne replied. "I saw him head over there earlier."

Papyrus approached Sans, who sat staring at the pond's surface. He settled down next to him. "Hey Sans. I uh.. have a question for you.."

Sans didn't look up. "Yeah? Shoot."

"Um.. are you.. dating Frisk?" Papyrus asked.

Sans stared at the pond a little longer, then sighed. "Yes."

"Oh! That's um.. good news, brother! I'm glad you found someone!" Papyrus smiled, but then stared closely at Sans. "Brother? Are you alright?"

Sans took a deep breath, then smiled, although his eyes still looked sad. "Of course, bro. Why'd you ask?"

"I know you very well, Sans. You're not happy. Do you.. not like being in a relationship?"

"It's not that, bro." Sans sighed. "Just.. forget about it, ok?"

Papyrus stared back at Sans in concern. "If.. you wish, brother.." he replied. "Just know I'll always be there for you." He got up and went back inside.

"There you are! I was wondering where you were!" Chara beamed, leaping over to hug Sans. Undyne and Alphys were just a step behind.

"Hey Frisk." Sans smiled and hugged her back.

"Omigosh, th-they're so c-cute together!" Alphys gushed. "I know right!" Undyne said happily.

Sans smiled, but after Undyne and Alphys went inside, he dropped his arms. "I'm a little tired. I think I'll head up early."

"Oh.. ok." Chara watched as he walked back to the mansion, teleporting before he got inside.

"Looks like he's gonna be difficult." Chara thought. "It's ok, I just have to be patient."