Welcome to the World: Part 39 of 10

(6 months later.)

Frisk sat in the hospital bed, sweating. "Ngh.. it hurts.." She groaned, gasping for breath.

"Just hold on, baby." Sans sat in the corner of the room, looking very anxious. A few doctors stood around Frisk's bed, checking her stats on the monitors hooked up to Frisk.

"Take deep breaths." One of the doctors said calmly, adjusting the wires.

Frisk's soul appeared before her. White magic began to stream out of it.

"A-ahhh!" Frisk screamed painfully, tears streaking down her cheeks.

The doctors looked nervously at Frisk. They had no idea how to deal with this kind of birth.

Sans teleported to Frisk's side, scaring a couple of doctors. He held her hand. "Shhh.. relax. It'll be over soon."

Frisk cried, trembling, until the last of the magic left her soul. She slumped down onto the bed.

"Sir? Are you alright?" A doctor looked over at Sans in concern. Tears were brimming at his eye-sockets and he looked ready to pass out.

"Y-Yes. Just a little dizzy." The doctors looked at him in concern. One of them held his elbow and led him back to his seat. "Are you sure, sir?"

"Yes." Sans blinked dizzily, not looking at anything in particular.

He knew the magic that had just left Frisk's soul was his, which was why he felt so unwell. Part of his magic would go to their child, as monsters' magic usually did when they had children. But unlike a normal monster couple, only Sans's magic would be used to sustain the child. Frisk didn't have magic.

Frisk screamed as one of the doctors began to help pull the baby out. Sans wanted to offer encouragement, but everything was so fuzzy. His non-existential ears were ringing, and everything kept shifting between focus and blur.

Finally, it was finished. Frisk sighed in relief. A doctor handed her the baby.

She smiled down at the little one.

"Hello Fletcher."

Frisk looked up to see Sans standing by her bed again. He extended a hand towards the baby.

Fletcher blinked his eyes, which matched his father's black sclera behind purple heart-shaped pupils. He reached a chubby hand towards Sans's finger and wrapped his tiny fingers around it.

Sans smiled a true smile. It lit up the entire room. Frisk gaped at her husband.

She had never realised that Sans's smiles had been fake all these years until she'd seen his real smile. He must have hid his worries and pain behind his positive facade.

A doctor gently took the baby out of Frisk's arms to take to the incubation center. Sans and Frisk watched as the doctor walked away.