Last Words: Part 3 of 1

Frisk swallowed, fear in her eyes. Mustering up the courage, she pulled the oldest trick in the book. She looked over Sans's shoulder and let her eyes widen in surprise and terror.

Sans fell for it, looking behind him. Frisk launched herself off the column in a sprint to the door.

However, the moment her foot touched the ground, she crumpled to her knees. She stared in dismay at her legs and turned to look at Sans.

Sans smiled at her. His pants were back on, although she hadn't seen him leave to get them. "You won't be able to walk for a few days after our little session. I probably should've told you that. But don't worry! You won't have a few days. In fact, you only have a few minutes left to live." Sans walked slowly over to her, his left eye igniting purple.

Frisk didn't move. She knew she couldn't make it to the door. She could only stare as her predator approached.

"Any last words?" Sans asked as three Gaster Blasters appeared behind him and began to fire up.

"Th-the reason I couldn't kill you, wo-wouldn't kill you" Frisk stammered, barely supporting herself on her elbows. "Is because I love you."

The Gaster Blasters stopped firing up, suspended with their mouths half open. "What?" Sans stared at Frisk with a conflicted look.

"You're the only thing that keeps me sane. I love you, that's why I could control myself from not killing you, from letting her take over."

Sans stared at Frisk in surprise, the pieces falling together. He took a step toward Frisk, but before he could get to her, she slumped down in a dead faint.