Asgore's Fight: Part 5 of 2

Sans and Frisk entered the throne room, where only a lone figure stood in the middle. He turned to face them.
"So at last you come." Asgore's deep, gravelly voice echoed around the empty room.

Sans set Frisk down gently on the side. "Your majesty." Sans swept into a bow. Asgore raised his eyebrows. "Please, no need for formalities. Just call me Asgore."

"Sir." Sans replied. "This human needs to get to the surface. But she is badly hurt. She cannot enter a fight with you, so I wish to battle in her place."

Asgore's eyes widened in surprise. "You would risk your own life for a human?" Frisk stared at Sans, equally shocked.

"Oh, I know I am not as strong as you, Asgore, but I cannot let an injured person, human or monster, to enter an unfair battle." Sans replied with a devious smile.

Asgore stared back at Sans, confused by the undercurrent in his tone. "If it is what you wish, then I will battle you." Asgore swished back his cape to reveal a large, red trident. "Prepare yourself."

Frisk watched Sans in dismay. Surely he could not beat a boss monster like Asgore. She watched the two enter the battle.

Asgore blinked. "You only have 1 HP?" He looked a little sick. "Yes." Sans replied. "And 1 attack and defense." Asgore frowned. He did not want to attack such a weak monster, but they were already in the fight. "Alright then. Let's begin."

Asgore raised his hand and balls of fire began to zoom towards Sans. Frisk cried out. If Sans were hit, he would die. But Sans deftly dodged each missile, sidestepping gracefully. Asgore and Frisk both stared at Sans in surprise.

"My turn." Sans smiled and raised his hand. A wave of bones soared towards Asgore in a sinusoidal fashion. Asgore grunted as he was hit by the brunt of the wave.

Sans then snapped his fingers, and Asgore's soul appeared in front of him, blue. Sans moved his hand and Asgore flew into a wall of waiting bones. Asgore crumpled to his knees, staring down at himself in surprise.

The sound of Gaster Blasters firing up made Asgore look. Sans stood over him, a wall of Gaster Blasters ready to fire behind him. Sans stared at Asgore calmly.

"Finish it." Asgore croaked, staring up at Sans. "I don't want to kill you, sir." Sans replied. Asgore stared back at Sans in surprise. "Then wha-"

He wasn't able to finish. A circle of seed pellets appeared around Asgore and closed in on him, instantly turning him to dust.

Sans stepped back in surprise, his Gaster Blasters disappearing. "What the.."