Wedding: Part 13 of 3

(Chara and Sans's wedding, a couple months later.)

Sans stared at himself in the mirror. He had to admit, he looked rather fetching in a tuxedo. But although this occasion was supposed to be joyful, Sans could only feel sadness.

"Brother, is something bothering you?" Papyrus asked. He was helping Sans with the last minute touches to his outfit. He stared in concern at Sans's gloomy face in the mirror.

"Heh. I'm fine." Sans replied. He took a deep breath, trying to compose his face to look appropriately happy.

"Sans.." Papyrus hesitated. Sans's facade was not fooling him one minute. "I.. know you don't really love her."

Sans's eyes widened in surprise. "Wh-what?" How did he know!?

"I told you, I know you very well Sans." Papyrus smiled sadly at him. "You don't have to marry someone if you don't love them."

Sans's eyes dropped to the ground. Oh. Papyrus was just being Papyrus: super perceptive of emotional issues, especially his brother's. "I.. have to, Paps. I just have to."

Papyrus looked down again, adjusting Sans's bowtie. He sighed a small, sad breath. "Then I'll respect your decision brother."

...

Sans and Chara stood before the altar, all eyes on their beautiful figures. Chara looked splendid in her wedding dress, but Sans didn't really pay attention to how she looked. He just kept his eyes on the rabbi, the vows flowing listlessly through his head.

"Do you take this man as your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward? To love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

"I do." Chara smiled serenely.

"Do you take this woman as your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward? To love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

Sans gulped, nervous sweat beading in his skull. He looked to the audience, skimming their faces until he caught his brother's eye. Papyrus gave him an encouraging smile.

"I-I-I.." Chara glared at him, her eyes narrowing. Sans gulped again. He breathed deeply, finally resigning himself to his fate. "..I do."

"Then may the bride and groom kiss!" The rabbi declared.

Sans arms circled Chara's waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck. As they kissed, the audience burst into applause, cheers and clapping scattering across the room.

Until death do you part..