Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Alenna and Kylie arrived about 8 minutes later, barging into the living room with bags filled with ice cream cartons, chick flicks and magazines.

Holding up the bag she was holding, Kylie said, “We brought ten cartons of various Ben and Jerry ice cream flavours, a couple of romance chick flicks and a bunch of girly teen magazines. We’re both staying over tonight so banish Jax next door or something, and we are both ready for you to spill your guts.”

I sighed. “Thanks guys and I’ll tell you. Just after supper when we’re relaxed, I kind of want to get it off my mind until then.”

“It’s already 5:30, so I’ll just call the pizza place and order 3 large cheese, chicken and bacon. Is that okay with everyone?” Alenna said while taking her cell phone out of her back pocket.

“Yea sure” Kylie and I answered at the same time while she came to sit beside me on the couch.

Kylie put her arm around me and gave me a side hug. “You sure you’re okay right? Nothing actually happened to you?"

I pulled back slightly and looked at her shaking my head. “No, nothing happened, and that’s part of the problem” I said sighing slightly.

Alenna walked back in placing her phone on the table and sitting on the other side of me. “Pizza should be here in about 15 minutes. Till then, flip the channel – I think America’s Worst Weddings is on somewhere.”

I chuckled lightly and flipped the channel to watch one of the worst, but also one of the funniest, shows on television with my two best girlfriends.

The delivery guy arrived about 20 minutes later and I went to the door to pay.

“That’ll be $17.94 mam” he said in a thick Italian accent.

I handed him a twenty, telling him to keep the change and thanked him for his services before closing the door and bringing the pizza boxes into the living room where we had set up a bunch of blankets and pillows to relax and sleep on.

“Pizza’s here. Dig in” I said while taking a piece for myself and laying down on the floor.

We ate in silence watching one of the chick flicks that Alenna had picked out called One Day I’ll Find You. It was about a romance blossoming over the Internet and both the main characters feel that they will never be able to see the one they love in the flesh.