Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Zayn and I were in French class and there was 5 minutes left in the period before school would be over. I had to admit, I was a little excited. Today would be the first time that I would be over at Carson’s since we almost kissed.

“So” Zayn turned to me and asked, “what are we doing after school?”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “What, you don’t want to spend some alone time with your girlfriend?”

He rolled his eyes at me. “It doesn’t matter that to me that me and Kylie are now dating, we aren’t just going to leave you out of things. Sure, sometimes there’ll be times when we want some time on our own, but you’re still our best friend; we aren’t going to ditch you just to be by ourselves” he said in a serious (yet at the same time teasing) tone of voice.

“Aww” I said slapping his cheek lightly two times, “that’s really sweet Zayn”

“Yea, yea, whatever” he said rolling his eyes. “So, what are we doing tonight?”

“Well, you’re in luck” I reply.

“Why?” he asked raising his eyebrow sceptically.

“Well you get to spend the night with your girlfriend because I’m busy all night” I replied shrugging.

"Oh really? What, quality time with your mom of something?” he asked.

“Nope” I replied.

“Then what?” he asked, putting his stuff in his bag because the bell would ring in less than a minute.

I sighed. I didn’t really want to tell anyone that I was hanging out with Carson, but I guess him and Kylie would have figured it out eventually. “I’m going to Carson’s to help him with his homework and he’s making me dinner”.

Zayn chuckled. “OH, so you have a date and you didn’t want anyone to know about it”.

I turned around quickly and looked right at him. “What are you talking about? I hang out with him all the time” I said. “It’s not a date” I stated slowly to make sure he clearly understood.

“But you want it to be” he pointed out teasingly.