Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 26

Chapter 26

(Jaxon’s POV)

It was currently twenty after six and I was running late. I was a nervous wreck – I had never cared this much about a date before but tonight I wasn’t going with just a regular girl that meant nothing to me: I was going out with Cassidy.

She was funny, really sweet, gorgeous, smart, artistic, and every time I talked to her, I suddenly got nervous. I know that she’s heard the rumours about Carson and I being the major players at the school and I’m just glad that she took the time to get to know real me, and not the player I always am.

In elementary school, Carson and I were always care free, athletic, funny, smart, and just all around childish guys, but once we hit the enter of middle school we just started to change because all the girls started to notice us. I was still athletic and had good marks but I basically turned into an arrogant asshole around girls and never actually had a serious girlfriend. Cassidy is the first girl that I had ever thought about dating and once I got to know her, she turned out to be a really amazing laid back girl who saw that the old me was still buried underneath the mask.

I knew that I would be late picking her up, but it wasn’t intentional so I sent her a quick text to let her know that I was running late.

                Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I am running a bit late and should be there within the next  fifteen minutes :) Sorry for the inconvenience!                                                                                                 ~Jaxon

I just had to get dressed now, but I didn’t want to go overboard on this… oh god I sound like a love sick girl!

I turned around to check my phone when I heard it beep.

                That’s okay… no worries, see you soon :)                                                                                        ~Cass

I went over to my closet and picked out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with a slight rip near the bottom, a black belt, a white v-neck shirt and a maroon coloured athletic zip-up hoodie to wear on my date along with my black converse sneakers.

After another five minutes I was finally ready for my date and headed out of the house to my car. Along the short drive to her house I was a barrel of nerves! This was the first time I had liked a girl enough to actually want a real relationship and I really hoped she liked where we were all going tonight. Kylie and Zayn were meeting us at Peani’s café like usual but after that we were going to the glow in the dark mini putt course downtown. It was Kylie’s idea and I agreed to it because I like mini golf and I hadn’t gone in a while. Also, I hoped that Cassidy would find it cute.