Chapter 19

The sound of loud banging wakes me up. I roll over onto my side and look out the window. The bright morning sun shined through the window, causing me to squint my eyes against it. It's gotten to the point where nothing makes me happy. Not even the beautiful rays of sunshine.

I slowly get up from the bed, trying my hardest to ignore the pain in my stomach. Getting up and down from places has recently become a massive problem. Any large or sudden movements cause me a great amount of hurt. I feel like an old man which sucks because I'm only 22.

With whoever it was behind the front door still pounding away on it, I made my way into the washroom. They can wait a few more minutes, I have to at least look like a human being when I get down there.

I look at myself in the mirror. Lately I've hated the way I look. I hate the way my forehead crinkles in little lines, I hate the size of my nose, but most of all I hate how sad I look all the time. But they're all things I can't change.

I study the tear marks on my face from the previous night. I cried myself to sleep. I had tried so hard to hold it all inside but I cracked. I couldn't contain it inside me anymore. I wash my face, the tear marks disappearing, then run my hand through my hair a few times. I didn't look very nice but does it really matter?

I finally get downstairs to answer the stupid door. When I opened it, Naomi stumbles in, grabbing me by my arms and pulling me closer to her. "Liam! What are you doing in your pajamas, go get dressed!" She shouts, throwing her hands up in the air.

I whimper from the pain and she gives me a concerned look. "Does it hurt?" She asks, pointing to my stomach. I nod my head and slowly sit down to reduce the pain.

"Look, I could go on and on about you and your health, but believe it or not there are actually far more important things going on." Naomi says. Of course there are more important things that me. Has it really taken her this long to realize that?

"Here." She pulls a bottle of pain relieving tablets from her bag. I shake my head 'no' and push them away. You can't take medicine when there's nothing in your stomach to go along with it. "That's your choice I guess." She shrugs, putting them away.

"Anyways, you need to get dressed and come with me. I have a huge surprise for you." She says excitedly. I wish I was as ecstatic as she is. I sigh and shake my head no once again. I don't want any surprises, I don't want to go anywhere, and I don't want to go anywhere. Well, I do want a few things but I don't think anyone cares what I want.

"Liam, please. I promise you this will make you so extremely happy. I'd tell you what it is but I want you to see for yourself." She takes my hand and pulls me up from the chair. I think about it. If I go to wherever it is she wants to take me, odds are I might actually enjoy it. Or I'll get caught up in my own thoughts and break down in public. The lather sounds more likely to happen, so I think I'll pass.

I shake my head once more and Naomi sighs. "Contact me when you grow a pair of balls and want to actually do something." She snaps, then leaves the house slamming the door. That brought me to my breaking point.

I dropped to my knees and cried. Everything is my fault. Destiney can't wake up. Naomi is stressed out and doesn't have time to herself anymore. Dr. Wence has more on his hands than he should. I'm like a bomb. Every time I do something, someone around me gets hurt.

It isn't fair. I'm just a kid, why is the whole world so dependant of me? I can't do anything! I'm just a stupid, depressed boy that can't get his shit together. I just want to die. That's all I want. To die and never hurt anyone else ever again.

"Liam..I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said." Naomi's voice interrupts my thoughts. I hadn't heard her come inside but I'm glad she did. "I'm just so fed up with things right now and I snapped. I'm sorry." She says, bending down to hug me and I let her.

"I never meant to make you so upset."She whispers against my shoulder. I shake my head as if to say 'It isn't your fault' but of course she didn't understand. After awhile we moved into the living room, sitting in an extremely uncomfortable silence.

Thankfully, Naomi broke that silence. "She's awake." It took me awhile to process what she had said. "I haven't seen or talked to her yet, but Dr. Wence rang me and told me she woke up at around 9 am." I look up at the clock. It's 11:30 now. I look towards Naomi and for the first time in weeks my mouth formed into a wide smile.

~*~

I ran upstairs, almost sprinted, and into my room. I practically ripped off the door to my wardrobe trying to open it, then found black skinny jeans and a purple shirt and put them on, throwing my pajamas in the corner of the room.

I was doing everything so fast I had forgotten about my stomach and had to sit down to rest. I really hope I overcome this soon because I'm getting tired of the pain and it's slowing me down to an embarrassing level.

After a few minutes I get up from the bed, holding my stomach to try stopping the pain. Like every other time, it doesn't help. I make my way into the washroom to comb my hair and actually try fixing it..

What will Destiney say when she sees me? Will she yell at me for putting her through all of this? Will she comment on the changes in me since the last time we spoke? Will she even say anything at all? "Liam, you're ready?" Naomi shouts from downstairs.

I walk downstairs and she smiles at me. "You look nice." She comments. I look down myself. My jeans were a bit loose in some places and my shirt had become too large for me. She's lying. I shrug then followed her out the door.

Before I know it, I'm standing outside Destiney's hospital room door. I open it and step inside, seeing Destiney sat in her bed watching television. Something about her didn't seem right. "Destiney? How are feeling?" Naomi asks. She doesn't answer.

"Destiney?" Naomi places her hand on Destiney's arm.

She looks away from the telly and up at Naomi and I. "Who's Destiney?"

Those are definitely not the words I had anticipated coming from her mouth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hi :-) Sorry it's been so long. I had spring break last week and I wasn't home but here's chapter 19 ! Thanks for readinggggg please vote, comment, and share ilyasm x -CaylenCloud1999