Chapter 24

Liam never said anything else after that. He's back to keeping quiet, shielding his thoughts and opinions from everyone. But, I don't mind. I didn't think he had a lot to say anyways.

Right now, I was waiting around Liam's house and cleaning while he was at work. He had told me he hadn't gone for 3 months because he was with me at the hospital, which I found extremely caring. I'm sure most people wouldn't do that.

Then again, I don't know anyone besides Liam, Naomi, and Chase.

After cleaning small places around his house and going through the albums he had on a shelf - I recognized none of them- for a few hours, I became tired and decided to have a nap. I think I remember a doctor telling me getting rest was important anyways.

I took a piece of paper from the large stack that Liam had boughten and uncapped a purple pen. I wrote,

'Hi Liam. If you're reading this I'm asleep in your bedroom. I hope that's okay.. If it isn't just wake me up and I'll leave your room. Oh and I made you two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in case you got hungry. x :)'

I folded it and wrote his name on the outside in large letters then left it on the table where I was sure he would see it.

It wasn't but two hours later I was awoken by the sound of a car door being slammed. I rubbed my eyes to help myself fully waken before getting up from Liam's bed and wandering over to the window.

I looked down at Liam, who was standing below me with the angriest expression I had ever seen. He looked up into the sky, grabbed a fistful of his hair in each hand, then kicked the side of his car. Then he kicked it again. And a few more times after that.

Either his boots were made of steel, he was extremely strong, or maybe even both, because his blows left a massive dent in the side of the old rusted door. It scared me. I'd never seen this side of Liam before; I didn't even know it existed.

I watched as he sat down against the dented door, brought his knees up to his chest, wrapped his arms around his legs, and bent his head down in between them. My mind was telling me to go down there and help him but my legs stayed put. I just stood there and watched him.

He got up from the ground just as quick as he had sat down and began pacing back and forth from one end of the car to the other. After pacing for a few seconds, he stopped at the door and threw it open. It bounced on its hinges then came back and hit him in his side.

This only made him angrier and he kicked the door from the inside, this time it staying open. He sat down hard in the seat and laid his head against the steering wheel. Only he didn't lay it so much as slamming it because he caused the horn to go off, startling him.

I couldn't watch it anymore and finally got my legs working again. I ran out if his room and down the hall. I almost slipped when turning the corner, but grabbed the wall to keep from falling down and pushed off of it to give me a bit of extra speed.

When I reached Liam, he was breathing heavily with his head still lying on the steering wheel. "Liam, what's wrong?" He jumped at the sound of my voice, quickly lifting his head up to look at me. His eyes were red and puffy while tears ran down his face.

"Liam, tell me what's wrong," I tried again, taking one step closer to him.

He shook his head sadly and wiped at the tears. "Fired.." he croaked out, placing his forehead back against the wheel.

"You got fired? Why?" He shook his head again and I knew I wouldn't be getting an answer. "Look..I can't help you if you don't tell me what's making you so upset. I know you just got fired, but-"

I'm cut off by Liam pushing me backwards, away from him and the car. My heal hit the curb behind me and I sat down hard on the not-so-soft grass. "Don't get close to me," he muttered and turned to look at me with sad eyes. "All I do is hurt you."

"What the hell, Liam?" He stood up from the seat and slammed the door, which surprisingly still closed correctly after all it had been through.

"You can't trust me anymore," he shook his head. "I can't stop hurting you." He turned around and began walking away but I wasn't going to let him just leave like that.

"No, you get back here!" I shouted and yanked on his arm, spinning him back in my direction. "Hurt me? You've never hurt me Liam! I don't even know what you're talking about!"

He pulled his arm away and stared me down with an expression of pain and sadness. He looked like he would burst into tears again any moment. "Look," I stared down at myself before looking back up at him, "I'm fine. Des..des..whatever my name is, is fine. You haven't done anything."

"It's my fault," he mumbled and shook his head, staring at me with wide eyes. He began walking backwards slowly, putting distance between us.

I stepped closer and put my hand on his arm, but he wasn't having that. He placed his hand on my chest and pushed me a second time. I stumbled backwards and hit my head on his car window, feeling an instant pain.

I heard glass breaking and a loud gasp before everything went black for the second time in my life.

~*~

why do I even try ???

Yo if anyone's actually reading this, go checkout my OTHER fan fic called Ditto. It's better than this one I promise and I update frequently. Sorry this one is so shitty, Its almost over tho so thats tight.

anyways yeah vote if you actually want to idc