Chapter 4

Hiii :) Sorry it's been awhile. I've had school and not had time to write. But here's chapter 4 ! Enjoy and don't forget to comment, vote, and share! Helps me out alot! -CaylenCloud1999

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What do you mean 'he's gone'? Why would he do that to you?" Abbie shouts, clearly angry of the whole situation.

"No, you don't underst-"

"No I understand perfectly. And I'm going to give that kid a piece of my mind!" Abbie shouts again, pulling her mobile from her pocket.

"No it's not like that!" I say, my voice hoarse.

"Destiney! You can't just let him hurt you like thi-"

"He didn't have a choice!" I scream back at her, causing the both of them to flinch.

"He didn't have a choice." I say again, quieter; hardly a whisper.

"What do you mean? Destiney, this doesn't make sense." Trista grips the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"Karen got a job else where. He had to leave with her, obviously. He's gone and I'll-" I stop, fighting the tears that are trying hard to escape.

"You'll what, love?" Abbie sits beside me, embracing me in a comforting hug.

"I'll never see him again." I whisper, and lean into her shoulder sobbing. Of course, more crying. Will I ever stop?

"You don't know that. It's only one year, Des. As soon as you graduate you can meet up and be together again." Abbie says softly.

"But you don't understand. He's forgotten about me. He hasn't called me and it's already 8:25. He's never this late. It's over." I say, and surprisingly no more tears come. "He's probably found someone better by now anyways."

"Do you love him?" Trista then says, out of nowhere.

"Of course, more than anything in the world."

"Does he love you?"

"Yes, just as much as I love him. Maybe even more?" I say slowly. Where is she going with this?

"That's all you need. Don't give up, babe. He's always be out there, waiting for the moment he can hold you in his arms again. Love will find it's way."

~*~

I guess what Trista said changed my look on things, because the next week wasn't as rough as the one before. I still get an aching pain in my heart when reminded of Liam, but I suppose I've learned to deal with it.

I've convinced myself he's forgotten about me. He never called or replied to my message, so I'm assuming we're 100% done. I just can't cope with the fact that the boy I dreamed of marrying one day is gone from my life.

But I'm not going to let it destroy me any more than it already has. Well, try not to. I know it's going to be hard, and I'll probably continue to break down at times. I just wish it wasn't so hard.

He's never coming back, he's stopped calling me, he doesn't love me anymore, and he's probably found a new girl that's far better than I am. All that being said, this obviously isn't going to be easy.

I throw my bag into the passenger seat of my car and drive off to school. Today is the first day of my last year in school, and I'm definitely not excited.

When I get inside the school, I go directly to the front office to get my schedule. I have the same teachers as last year which makes things a bit better. I won't have to learn any new teachers' rules and regulations.

As I'm putting my supplies away in my locker, someone comes up to me, and stand beside me. I look up into Andy's eyes.

"How are you, love?" he asks, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know.." I trail off. So Andy knows. Of course he knows, he's Liam's best mate!

"I know it's tough. I can't imagine how you're handling things."

"I miss him so much." I whisper, hugging Andy.

"I know, babe. Me too." he replies, rubbing circles on my back. Looking over Andy's shoulder, I see people giving us glares and expressions of confusion. I really don't care. Let them stare. I need Andy's support with or without their opinions.

"Hey, let's get to class, alright? You'll be okay." Andy says with a reassuring smile. I nod my head, closing the locker door and we walk side by side into our first class of the day.

History. Not exactly my favorite subject, but the teacher makes it seem more interesting. Andy and I take seats in the front and sit in wait for the day to begin.

The teacher walks in about 2 minutes later with a bright smile spread across his face. "Good morning, class. Welcome back. I see many familiar faces!" he says loud enough for everyone to hear. Yeah, everyone except Liam.

"We'll start by taking roll call!" He grabs a paper from his desk and begins calling out names.

"Destiney?" he calls after calling a few others' names.

"H-here." I say quietly, raising my hand a bit.

He calls a few more names before he gets to the P's. "And last, but certainly not least, Liam Payne?" Obviously, the room stays quiet as the teacher scans the room in search for Liam.

"Liam?" He calls again. Everyone looks at me, as if I knew exactly where he was. I feel the same feeling of tears coming on as the room stays quiet. He's not going to answer.

"Last chance, Liam. You're here?" And for the third time, Liam doesn't answer. I can't take it anymore.

I grab my bag and stand up from my chair, running out of the room with tears streaming down my face.