Part 2

Shawn's POV

Talking to (Y/n) was kind of awkward and when she said that she didn't have a phone I was shocked. She didn't say why but I wanted to know.

"Why don't you have a phone?" I asked.

"Because," she stopped and I could tell that from the way that her (e/c) eyes weren't looking at me that she was thinking. "Because my parents never got me one."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because my parents are gone...," she said. "I mean gone to the store to get me a phone." She let out a fake laugh but I could tell that she was lying about the second part.

"Where did they go to get you your phone?" I asked.

"From a store," she said then mumbled. "A store in heaven."

"Wait a second, are your parents dead?" I asked. "Is that why you have no phone?"

(Y/n)'s eyes started to glisten and her breath quickened. I could tell that she wanted to cry but just wouldn't.

"Goodbye, Shawn," (Y/n) said walking away.

"Goodbye, (Y/n)," I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s POV

When Shawn asked if my parents were dead I couldn't hold back my tears.

"Goodbye, Shawn," I said firmly as I started to walk away.

"Goodbye, (Y/n)," I heard Shawn whisper as I kept walking away.

Did he really say goodbye to me? No, no, no. He probably said somebody else's name and I thought that it was mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at school I heard girls talking about their meet and greet with Shawn. I listened in on their conversations until a rough pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who?" The voice that came with the hands asked.

I thought for a moment. "Lemme guess," I said. "Is it Elmo?"

The male laughed. "Nope, try again, (Y/n)."

"Is it Shawn Mendes?"I asked jokingly.

"Try again," the male said clearly annoyed.

"I know that it's you, Dustin," I said removing his hands off of my face.

"Oh really?" He asked his voice calming.

"Yeah, I just thought that it would be funny if I guessed wrong a couple of times," I said.

"It wasn't," Dustin said. "Hey, can you do me a favor?"

I didn't know what Dustin was going to ask. "Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"Can you put on something nice and meet me at the cafe?" Dustin asked.

"What time?" I asked.

"Five o'clock," Dustin said.

"Alright," I said. "I'll meet you there."