Part 20

(Y/N)'s POV

We headed to Shawn's house after calling the cops on my dad. As soon as Shawn's foot hit the floor in the house, his mom came running to the front door.

"Shawn!" she said, worry coating her usually calm voice. "I was so worried about you! Are you okay? What happened? Did you get beat up or something?"

"Mrs. Mendes," I said before she cut me off.

"Call me Karen," she said.

"Okay. Karen, Shawn is really tired right now. Can we talk about this tomorrow morning?" I asked.

"Yes, of course," Karen said before Shawn and I walked up the stairs.

Almost as soon as we were up the stairs, Aaliyah came running towards us.

"OMG! Is he okay?" she asked.

"He'll be fine tomorrow," I said.

Aaliyah still looked worried.

"Don't worry about him. He'll be fine, I promise," I said.

Aaliyah nodded and walked back into her room. I then walked Shawn into his room and flopped him on the bed before walking into the bathroom attached to his room for the first aid kit.

"Alright," I said sitting on the bed next to him. "Tell me and be truthful, are you okay?"

He took a deep breath as I grabbed the first cotton ball with peroxide on it. "I'm not as fine as I say I am but I'm doing pretty good," he said.

"Okay," I said pressing the cotton ball on a scratch on his face.

He winced and I apologized.

"It's okay," Shawn said, making me sigh.

"You really didn't have to do that," I said continuing to put peroxide on his cut.

"Do what? Save you?" Shawn asked.

I nodded and put a bandage on the cut before going to the cut on his lip.

"I know I didn't have to, but I couldn't help it," Shawn said.

I looked at him confused.

"Watching you get dragged away and seeing you tied up against the chair, I just had to help," Shawn said looking at me with hurt eyes.

"But we've only known each other for three days," I said. "And as far as I know, three days isn't a long time."

"I know. But that can't stop anybody from actually feeling."

"Yeah, that's true."

"So you admit that you're feeling something too."

"Maybe. But I feel like this is moving fast."

"Tell you what, if I take you on a date. A real date this time-"

"A real date?"

"Yeah, the other one didn't feel very real to me."

I rolled my eyes and put a bandage on his lip, "We can go on another date and call it a "real date". But no fancy dinner."

"Okay," Shawn smiled.

After that, there wasn't much to talk about so we stayed silent until I was done with his face.

"Anywhere else that hurts?" I said.

"Yeah," Shawn said. "But you don't have to worry about that."

"Depends on where it is," I said.

"It's my ribs. I think they're bruised," Shawn said.

"Show me," I said.

Shawn sighed, but slowly took his shirt off, wincing if he moved too quick. Once it was all the way off, I could see how many bruises had already formed. I could also see his amazing six-pack but now wasn't the time for that.

"Where does it hurt the most?" I asked.

"It hurts everywhere," Shawn sighed.

"There's nothing I can really do for this," I said. "All I can do is tell you to take it easy for a while."

"Okay," Shawn said.

I then took a quick look at my phone and saw that it was 1:35 AM. "Hey, we should get some sleep," I said.

Shawn nodded. "Do you want the bed or-"

"We will share," I said climbing under the covers still fully clothed.

Shawn smiled and crawled into bed next to me. "Goodnight, (Y/N)."

"Goodnight, Shawn," I said feeling his hands wrap around my waist.