Part 35

Hage to put this at the beginning, but this story is coming to a close. There will only be one or two more chapters until it's completed. I hope you all have enjoyed this story and aren't mad that I'm ending it. Anyway, love you all and hope you enjoy this part. ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dustin's POV

I heard a knock on the door to my hospital room.

“Come in,” I said.

I watched Shawn walk into my room with a sad look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worry spreading across my face.

"You said that (Y/N) was strong," Shawn said, his voice shaking. "You said that she wasn't going to die."

She didn't, did she?

"Is she…?" I asked.

"She's gone," Shawn said, tears starting to fall from his eyes. "And you lied to me."

"Shawn, I didn't know what would happen," I said, my heart breaking hearing Shawn say that (Y/N) is gone. "I'm sorry."

Shawn then broke. He had tears rolling down his face and he started shaking.

"Shawn," I said, wanting nothing more than to comfort him. "I am so sorry."

Shawn continued crying.

"Come here," I said.

Shawn looked at me with his red, puffy eyes and walked over to me. I opened my arms and hugged him.

"I know you hate me, but believe me when I say that (Y/N) was an amazing person and I didn't deserve her. (Y/N) always had a smile on her face and loved almost everyone," I said.

Shawn didn't say anything.

"Listen dude, I understand that you're hurting but can you at least talk to me?" I asked.

As soon as those words left my mouth, Shawn left as well.

"Mother trucker," I mumbled as I watched him leave.

I sat in silence for a while, thinking about how the only memories I had of (Y/N) were ones where she was either scared of me or crying. I hated myself for those times. But what I hated most was that I never got to apologize to her for being so mean. Tired of thinking and needing to actually see her, I grabbed my phone and started going through my camera roll. I found pictures of us at parties, going to watch movies, and going on dates. But the one picture that broke me was the one that Tyler took of (Y/N) where she looked afraid. And the one who scared her was me. In that moment, I was the main reason for her fear and I hated it. Finally, I cried. As I cried, I kept looking through all the pictures and cried harder.

When I couldn't stand crying anymore, I locked my phone and left it on my bed. That's when I decided to look at the good things, though there were hardly any. I remembered the time where (Y/N) and I actually enjoyed a movie together. The time when she kissed me first in the middle of the pouring rain. But then that picture, that damn picture, came back into my mind. That one picture that made me hate myself more than I already did. And, even though I thought I was done crying, I cried again.