Part 25

(Y/N)’s POV
It’s been a half an hour since Shawn left to go on his walk when finally, the door opened.

“Shawn’s home, Shawn’s home,” Max called.

“Thanks, Max,” I said, walking to the door to greet him.

“Hey, (Y/N),” I heard Shawn say.

“Hey…,” I said trailing off as I saw that Shawn brought Dustin. “What’s he doing here?”

“Long story,” Shawn said.

“I have time,” I said, crossing my arms.

“Well, you see…,” Shawn said before I cut him off.

“No, I want to hear it from him,” I said.

“Well, I was working with your dad and that’s why I kidnapped you for him. I’m so sorry,” Dustin said, beginning to cry. “He threatened that he’d kill my sister if I didn’t obey him and so I had to do whatever he told me. But… but he ended up killing my sister anyway. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I am so sorry.”

By this time, Dustin was almost bawling his eyes out.

“What an asshole,” I said. “I can’t believe my dad would do such a thing!”

Shawn raised an eyebrow at me as he sat Dustin on the couch.

“Okay, so maybe I could see my dad doing something like that,” I said holding my head in my hands and sitting on the recliner.

Dustin started tearing up again.

“How old was she, your sister?” I asked.

“Eleven,” Dustin said.

“Eleven?!” I exclaimed.

“Eleven?!” Max repeated.

“Yeah,” Dustin said sadly.

“Dustin, I am so sorry,” I said.

“No you’re not! For all I know you could be on his side!” Dustin said, beginning to stand up from the couch.

“What? I’m not on his side! I didn’t even know there were sides!” I said, beginning to raise my voice.

“No, you are on his side!” Dustin said, walking over to the door.

As soon as Dustin turned the doorknob though, he fell to the floor.

“Oh my gosh!” I said ,running over to where Dustin fell.

“Oh my gosh!” Max repeated.

“Shut up, Max! Now’s not the time to be repeating people,” Shawn said, running to a bathroom.

“Now’s not the time to use the bathroom either, Mendes!” I yelled after him.

“I’m not using the bathroom! I’m grabbing the first-aid kit!” Shawn said, walking out of the bathroom.

“No, we should take him to the hospital,” I said, feeling Dustin’s neck for a pulse.

Just as my hand touched Dustin’s neck, his eyes flew open.

“No!” he screamed as if he were in pain before blacking out again.

“Okay, let’s bring him to your room,” I said.

“My room?!” Shawn asked.

“Unless your house has a guest room, that’s where Dustin will be,” I said.

“There is a guest room,” Shawn said.

“Oh,” I said. “Well let’s take him there.”

“Okay, follow me,” Shawn said, picking up Dustin as I picked up the first-aid kit and followed Shawn.