Part 28

Shawn's POV

"Where is she?" I asked.

"On her way to the hospital I assume," Oliver smirked. "After that suicide attempt, I think she'd need to get there urgently."

"Suicide?!" I said.

"You should have seen it," Oliver said. "It was terrible. Before she had shot herself (Y/N) had shot Dustin right in his stomach. Once he was on the ground, she put the gun against the side of her head and," Oliver made a finger gun by the side of his head, "bang!"

"No," I said, beginning to feel weak. "She wouldn't do that."

"You didn't think (Y/N) would get back together with Dustin, but stuff happens," Oliver shrugged.

"How do you even know what happened?" I asked.

"I just so happened to be walking by," Oliver said.

"And you didn't stop her?!" I said.

"Why should I? It was her choice," Oliver said.

"Something tells me it wasn't," I said, glaring at Oliver.

"What are you saying boy?" the officer asked.

"This man," I pointed at Oliver, "beat both me and (Y/N). Not to mention, Oliver killed an innocent little girl because her big brother was working for him," I said.

"I did no such thing," Oliver said, laughing nervously.

"I have the bruises to prove it," I said.

"Oliver (L/N), you're coming with me," the officer said, grabbing Oliver by his arm.

"That means I'm heading to the hospital," I said.

"Not so fast boy, you're coming with me too," the officer said.

"I am?" I asked, confused.

"You count as a witness, you have to come with me," the officer said.

"Can I at least go to the hospital first? I need to see if my girlfriend is okay," I said.

"(Y/N) (L/N)?" the officer asked.

I nodded.

"I suppose you can go, but I'm meeting you at the hospital in half an hour so you can explain what happened between you and Oliver," the officer said.

"Yes officer," I said getting into my Jeep. "I'll see you in half an hour."

As soon as my butt landed in the seat of my Jeep, I put the key in the ignition, buckled up, put the Jeep in drive, and sped off to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I burst through the front doors to the hospital and ran right to the front desk.

"(Y/N) (L/N)," I said. "Which room is she in?"

"217," the lady behind the counter said.

"Which floor is that on?" I asked.

"The fourth," she said. "But (Y/N) is in surgery right now."

"Surgery?" I asked.

The lady behind the counter nodded.

"So can I stay here in the waiting room until she's out of surgery?" I asked.

"It might be a while," the lady behind the desk said.

I walked over to a chair and sat down. "I'm willing to wait."

The lady behind the desk sighed and went back to her work at the computer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A half an hour had already passed and the officer from before had walked into the hospital.

"You ready, boy?" he asked.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said.

"Wait," the lady behind the desk said, just as I was about to leave the hospital with the officer. "(Y/N) is going to be out of surgery in a half an hour, can't you wait until then to take him?"

The officer sighed. "No, I can't. We had a deal," he said.

"Well, there's a room where the two of you can talk, if that's what you need to do," the lady behind the counter said.

"Where is it?" the officer asked.

"Down the hall and it's the third door on the right," the lady behind the desk said. "No one is in or near that room so the two of you can talk in privacy."

The officer nodded and started to lead the way down the hallway.

Before following the officer, I quickly mouthed out the words "thank you" to the lady behind the desk before catching up to the officer.