Part 33

Shawn’s POV

I woke up to a long beeping noise. At first I shook it off and turned to cuddle with (Y/N). When I realized that her chest wasn’t moving, I knew that it was (Y/N)’s heart monitor making the annoying beep. I jumped out of the bed and pressed the help button. Nothing happened. I kept pressing the button until a male ran into the room.

“WHAT?!” he asked.

“Sh-she’s not moving. She’s n-not breathing. I think she’s d-dead,” I said, talking fast and holding back tears.

The man shoved me away and started doing CPR on (Y/N). I stood there and just watched, doing absolutely nothing.

“Go to the front desk and get more help,” the man commanded.

I ran out the door and to the front desk on our floor. By the time I got to the front desk, I was almost in tears.

“What is it? What’s wrong?” a couple of nurses and doctors asked.

“The room down the hall with (Y/N) (L/N) in it…” I said. “I need help.”

That’s all I had to say before the doctors and nurses ran to the room and walked right in, leaving me by the front desk, nearly in tears. This can’t be happening, can it?

No, this is a dream. I pinched myself before yelping in pain. Nope, not a dream. I ran back to the room to see (Y/N) only to be pushed away.

“Go to the waiting room,” one of the doctors said.

I hung my head, walked back towards the front desk, and sat in the waiting room. Why wasn’t I fighting to stay in the room with (Y/N)? I held my head in my hands and cried. Why is this happening to such a sweet girl like (Y/N)? Why her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)’s POV

Everything was dark and there was annoying beeping noise. I opened my eyes and I wasn’t lying next to Shawn. I wasn’t even near him.

“Shawn!” I yelled.

He just cuddled next to the person next to him.

“Shawn! That’s not me! That’s someone else!” I yelled.

Shawn looked at the person next to him before his face showed worry. What happened to him? What was going on? He started pressing a button until a man ran into the room.

“Sh-she’s not moving. She’s n-not breathing. I think she’s d-dead,” I heard Shawn say.

As soon as the words left Shawn’s mouth, the man started doing CPR on the person Shawn was laying next to.

The man stopped. “Go to the front desk and get more help!”

Shawn frantically ran out of the room as the man went back to doing CPR on the girl. For a moment, he left the girl alone and I saw that the girl was actually me. But where am I?! Wait, am I dead?! Suddenly nurses and doctors flooded the room doing everything they could to I guess bring me back to life. Then, before I knew it, a doctor shook his head. No! No! Do something again! I need to see him again!

With just one movement, I was in the waiting room with Shawn. He was crying and I couldn’t help but cry with him.

“I’m dead,” I cried.

Shawn kept crying until the same doctor that proclaimed me dead came over to Shawn and took him to a separate room. And that’s when everything went dark and I gave up. I wasn't a part of this world anymore. I was gone.