Part 22

(Y/N)'s POV

We just arrived at the hospital. After parking Shawn's Jeep, we walked inside. Neither of us spoke as we entered the lobby and I checked us in.

"You really didn't have to do this," Shawn said, sitting down and holding his ribs in the process.

"You're right, I didn't have to but I wanted to," I said, sitting next to him.

"Alright, as long as I get to take you somewhere after this," Shawn said, looking directly into my (e/c) eyes.

"Okay," I said, staring into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

"Mr. Mendes and Ms. (L/N)?" a nurse called into the lobby.

I sighed and stood up, helping Shawn up after I was on my own two feet.

We followed the nurse as she led us to a room. She asked Shawn questions about his health, allergies, ect. Finally though, she asked to see his chest. Shawn ever so calmly raised his shirt up so the nurse could inspect it.

"There doesn't seem to be any external damage but that doesn't mean there isn't any internal damage," the nurse said. "I'm gonna need to give you an X-ray."

"Okay," Shawn said, putting his shirt down.

"Ms. (L/N), I'm going to need you to sit here until Mr. Mendes and I are done," the nurse said.

I nodded.

"Right this way, Mr. Mendes," the nurse said, leading Shawn away and closing the door.

Sighing, I laid my head on the wall. Suddenly, my eyelids started feeling ten times heavier than normal. I guess I didn't get much sleep last night. Maybe a little nap wouldn't hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)," I heard Shawn say. "(Y/N), wake up."

My eyelids slowly opened and I saw Shawn standing in front of me with the nurse behind him.

"How'd the X-ray go?" I asked groggily.

"Everything seems to be fine, except for the fact that he's got a couple of broken ribs," the nurse said.

"How long will they take to heal?" I asked.

"About a week or two," the nurse said.

"Okay," I said.

"Now if the two of you please follow me up to the front desk. There I can give you care instructions and we can schedule the next appointment," the nurse said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shawn and I are now free from the hospital! As soon as we were outside of the building, Shawn almost ran to his Jeep and hopped in the driver's seat. I'd say that he ran pretty well, considering he had a couple broken ribs and was supposed to be resting.

"Look who's excited to be out of the hospital," I said, climbing into the passenger seat.

"It's not just that," Shawn said, putting the Jeep in reverse and pulling out of the parking spot.

"Remind me again why you're so excited," I said.

"We're going somewhere," Shawn said, putting the Jeep into drive before driving out of the parking lot. "Just the two of us."

"But the nurse said you needed to rest," I said.

"And you said we could go somewhere," Shawn said, using my own words against me.

"Yeah, I did say that," I said.

"Yep," Shawn said.

"So... where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," Shawn said, a light appearing in his dark brown eyes.