Part 11

(Read author's note at the end, please. Thx!)

Shawn's POV

"Uh, sure," (Y/N) said.

"Let's go," I smiled and lead her towards the boat on the water.

She smiled back at me until we got to the boat.

"Ladies first," I said helping (Y/N) into the boat.

"Thanks," she smiled.

I got into the boat after (Y/N) and grabbed the oars to the rowboat. I rowed us to the middle of the pond and brought the oars into the boat so it could drift around. While the boat was drifting, (Y/N) kept looking around with a light in her (e/c) eyes.

"Shawn," she said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You're staring," (Y/N) said blushing a bit.

"Does that make you uncomfortable?" I asked.

"No, it's fine. I just wanted to let you know," (Y/N) said.

Silence washed over (Y/N) and I. Not an uncomfortable silence or an awkward silence but it was silent. Not realizing it, I kept staring at (Y/N). I couldn't help it. The sun was shining in her (h/c) hair and her (e/c) eyes had an amazing light in them. Without knowing it, I started moving closer to (Y/N) and to my surprise, she started moving closer to me too. We were maybe an inch apart when the boat tipped.

"Aah!" (Y/N) screamed as we fell into the pond.

Once I surfaced, I started looking for (Y/N).

"(Y/N)?" I asked looking for her. "(Y/N), where are you? (Y/N)?!"

"Shawn, calm down. I'm over here," (Y/N) said.

I sighed in relief. "I was worried about you," I said.

"Really?" (Y/N) asked sarcastically. "I couldn't tell."

I rolled my eyes at her and splashed her with some water.

"Oh really, Mendes?" (Y/N) asked, raising an eyebrow and splashing me back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

Shawn and I were on a full out water battle when he grabbed me by my waist and kissed me. And... I kissed him back. After he kissed me, he pulled away.

"I'm so sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to do that."

"You didn't mean to kiss me?" I asked.

"No, I meant to kiss you but not like that," Shawn said.

"What do you mean "not like that"? Were you gonna kiss me in a different way?" I asked.

"No, I-" Shawn started but I cut him off.

"Whatever," I said, swimming away from Shawn so I could get out of the pond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been updating my stories lately but that's because my parents took my phone. However, I am able to update this weekend and whenever I get a chance to get on the computer. So... yeah. Make sure to vote and comment on this story and if your enjoying it be sure to share it with other people. Thx! (I know that people usually skip the A/N so if you read all of this please comment "tacos" thx!)