Part 30

Dustin’s POV

“Hey, Shawn,” I smiled as soon as the nurse opened the door to my room.

“Hey,” Shawn said. “How are you feeling?”

"Better," I said.

"Do you know what happened?" Shawn asked.

"I was walking with (Y/N) to take her to her dad and she jokingly asked who's life had been threatened this time. I told her that if I didn't get her to her dad, he'd kill me and (Y/N). She was getting mad when the first bullet flew from the gun. I saw it and jumped out in front of (Y/N) before it hit her, therefore blocking the bullet and having it land in my stomach. Before I passed out, I saw (Y/N) get shot in the arm and heard her call the police," I explained. "And that's when I passed out."

"So, her dad, Oliver (L/N), shot you and (Y/N)?" the officer asked.

I nodded.

"And do you think Oliver (L/N) shot (Y/N) in the back of her head?" the officer asked.

"No, I don't think," I said, clenching my jaw. "I know he did it."

"How do you know?" the officer asked.

"He's a cold blooded killer," I said.

"So I've heard. I was told to ask about you little sister," the officer said.

I sighed. "She was eleven and Oliver threatened to kill her after I said that he needed to stay away from (Y/N)."

"And he followed through with this threat?" the officer asked.

"Of course he did," I said. "Oliver brought my sister to his hideout and beat her to death."

"Wow," Shawn said. "That's terrible."

I nodded.

"Do you know of anyone else he has killed?" the officer asked.

"No," I said, shaking my head.

"Looks like I have to talk to Mr. (L/N) again," the officer said. "I'll see you boys later."

With that, the officer left and it was just me and Shawn in the room.

"So…," Shawn said, clearly feeling awkward.

"I know you hate me, you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to," I said, looking down at the blanket that covered the bottom half of my body.

"Did she really kiss you back?" Shawn asked, looking out the window.

"No," I said. "I just said that she did so I could get her to her dad."

"In other words, you kissed (Y/N) so you could get her out of the house and to get her to her dad?" Shawn asked, now looking at me.

"Yup," I said.

Shawn stayed silent before he took a deep breath.

"Are you okay, bud?" I asked, getting worried about a guy who hated me.

"No," Shawn said, exhaling a shaky breath.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What if… what if she doesn't make it?" Shawn asked.

"(Y/N) will make it," I said. "She's a fighter and won't go down without a fight."

"Yeah, but what if she dies in the surgery?" Shawn asked, his voice filled with panic and fear.

"She won't, trust me," I said.

"But what if?" Shawn asked.

"She'll make it!" I shouted before letting my voice drop to a whisper. "She'll make it."