Part 7

Dustin's POV

It was a day like any other and Tyler, his friends and I were at the mall. Everything was normal until I saw (Y/N) with that Shawn guy that Tyler told me about. It looked like  (Y/N) had seen me too because she told Shawn something that made him look over to us and crack his knuckles. I looked over to Tyler.

"Is that the guy that you were telling me about?" I asked.

"Yep," Tyler said. "He doesn't seem that mean but if you mess with something or someone that he likes, then he's not happy."

"Are you scared of him?" I asked.

"Nah!" Tyler said. "His bark is bigger than his bite. Besides, why would I be scared of a person like that?"

"I'm gonna go over there and talk to him," I said. "You know, to tell him to stay away from my girl."

"Good luck," Tyler said before he and his pals off.

I watched (Y/N) and Shawn walk into a phone store and I followed. (Y/N) was talking in whispers to Shawn and he would look over his shoulder at me. Finally, (Y/N) walked over to me.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Can't a guy just look around in a phone store?" I asked.

"Yeah, he can. But I thought that you loved your old phone and would never give it up," (Y/N) said.

"Yeah, I know," I said. "I... um... I need a new phone case?"

"You're a bad liar," (Y/N) said.

"Tell me something I don't know," I said.

"I can do that," (Y/N) said. "We're through."

"Why?" I asked.

"You beat me, you disrespect me, and while you're doing both you think it's funny," (Y/N) said.

"Okay, just remember this. If he breaks your heart don't come running back to me," I said. "If you and him break up and you need a prince, I won't be there. You and I are done and are never getting back together again. Got it?".

(Y/N) looked at me with a cold hard stare. "Got it."

Shawn's POV

(Y/N) went to talk to Dustin, who had followed us into the store, and I was nervous about what they were talking about. After about a minute or two, she came back.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," (Y/N) said. "Everything's great."

"What happened?" I asked.

"I stood up for myself," (Y/N) said, "and Dustin and I broke up."

"Forever or is this just a break?" I asked.

"Forever," (Y/N) said. "I told him that we were through and he told me to never come back to him."

"Okay," I said. "What type of phone would you like?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) and I were done shopping and we were on our way back to my house. While on our way, (Y/N) seemed quiet.

"You okay?" I asked keeping my eyes on the road.

(Y/N) didn't respond.

"Are you okay?" I asked again, this time I looked over at her.

(Y/N) sniffled.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," (Y/N) said.