Part 10

Shawn's POV

When we got into the car, I handed  (Y/N) the aux cord.

"Play whatever you want," I said putting the car in drive.

"I don't have any music on my phone," (Y/N) said.

"Here, use mine," I said handing her my phone and getting on the road.

(Y/N) pressed the home button and made a face. "There's a password."

"Oh yeah. My password is my birthday."

(Y/N) gave me yet another face. "And your birthday is?"

"August eighth."

"So, 0808?"

"Yep."

"This one looks good."

"Go ahead and play the song."

"Okay."

I thought that I've been hurt before,

But no one's ever left me quite so sore

"This is one of my songs," I said.

"I know," (Y/N) said. "I've heard this song on the radio before and I really enjoy it."

There was silence until the chorus came on and I noticed that (Y/N) was quietly singing under her breath.

"You know that you can sing it out right?" I asked her.

She gave me a confused look before I started singing along with myself.

"Just like a moth drawn to the flame," I sang. "Oh you lured me in and I could not sense the pain."

(Y/N) smiled a little before joining in. "You're bitter heart cold to the touch. Now I've gotta reap what I sow, I'm left seeing red on my own."

"You watch me bleed until I can't breathe. I'm shaking, falling onto my knees. And now that I'm without your kisses, I'll be needing stitches," (Y/N) and I sang together.

I could see (Y/N) smiling and I didn't want the song to end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

"And now that I'm without your kisses, I'll be needing stitches." The last lyrics rang out.

"You were pretty good," Shawn said. "You know, for someone who is singing at the top of their lungs."

I laughed a little. "You're soooo funny, Mendes," I said sarcastically.

"Thanks," Shawn smiled triumphantly.

I shook my head. "Are we there yet?"

"No, not yet," Shawn said.

"Oh, okay," I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got to where Shawn wanted us to go I only stared. There were tall willow trees, red rose bushes, and a small pond.

"This is beautiful," I said.

"Yeah, I know," Shawn said. "I come here to write songs all the time."

"Really?" I asked.

"It's really quiet here and it's easy to focus," Shawn said.

"How did you find this place?" I asked.

"I was just wandering around one day and stumbled across this little area. Ever since then I've been coming here," Shawn said.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes, me enjoying the view and Shawn just standing next to me.

"Do you wanna go on a boat ride?" He asked suddenly.

"What?" I asked.

Shawn chuckled. "There's a rowboat on the pond that is fully functional and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a boat ride."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Here's another chapter. I hope you enjoyed and make sure to vote, comment and share. Thanks!