Part 21

Shawn's POV

When I woke up, the sun was shining in my eyes and (Y/N) was lying next to me. I tried to think back to last night but couldn't remember anything that happened until I tried to sit up. So much pain shot through my ribs that I had to hold back a scream. (Y/N) must've heard me sit up because as soon as I was sat up on the bed, her head shot up.

"Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm-," I stopped and held my ribs.

"Shawn," (Y/N) said.

"Okay, my ribs hurt a lot more than they should," I said.

"We should take you to the hospital and get you checked out," (Y/N) said before standing up and walking over to the closet.

"(Y/N), I don't need to go to the hospital," I said lying back down and wincing in pain.

"Sure, I totally believe you," (Y/N) said sarcastically as she walked into the bathroom to change.

"(Y/N)," I said, "you really don't need to take me to the hospital."

(Y/N) came out of the bathroom. "But I am going to take you because I care about you," she said lightly tapping my nose.

I groaned and laid my head back on the pillow.

"That doesn't mean you can lay back down though," (Y/N) said, walking over to my side of my bed.

"So you're saying...," I started but trailed off.

"Get up and I'll help you get dressed," (Y/N) said.

"You don't have to do that," I said, beginning to sit back up on the bed.

"Alright," (Y/N) said, walking over to the door. "Get dressed and meet me downstairs."

"Okay," I said before (Y/N) made her way downstairs.

I reluctantly got out of bed, holding my ribs as I did so. Walking over to the closest, I grabbed out a pair of sweatpants and a plain white T-shirt. After changing, I tossed a pair of tennis shoes on before walking downstairs.

"Shawn, are you alright?" my mom asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Because (Y/N) said that she's taking you to the hospital," my mom said.

"She's worried about me," I said.

"What's hurting?" my mom asked.

"My ribs were hurting last night and are hurting today more than they were yesterday," I explained.

"Oh," my mom said. "They're probably just bruised. But (Y/N) wants to double-check."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know," I said.

"And besides, maybe the two of you can do something cute together," my mom said.

"Mr. Mendes, you are needed in your Jeep," (Y/N) called from outside making me laugh

"I'll be right out, Ms. (L/N)," I said back to her.

I then grabbed my sweatshirt and was about to head out the door when I heard my mom say something.

"Don't forget the something cute," she said with a wink.

I rolled my eyes and walked out to my Jeep where (Y/N) was waiting.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Yep," I said, popping the "p".

"Then let's go," (Y/N) said putting the Jeep into reverse, backing it out of the driveway, then driving us to the hospital.