Part 32

(Y/N)’s POV

I was sitting in the hospital room in silence for about five minutes until there was a gentle knock on the door.

“(Y/N)?” Shawn’s voice asked, as he opened the door.

I quickly sat upright in the sucky hospital bed which sent pain through my whole body.

“Are you alright?” Shawn asked. “I heard about what had happened and got so scared. I just had to see you. And when I heard that you were in surgery, I got even more scared and worried. I-”

I cut him off. “Shawn, nothing is going to happen to me. I’m still alive, aren’t I?” I asked with a smile.

“Yeah,” Shawn said.

“Then there’s nothing to worry about,” I said.

Shawn nodded and sat down in a chair that was next to my hospital bed. Ever so carefully, he reached his hand out and placed it on mine. I took his hand off of mine and intertwined our fingers. Shawn looked at me and I gave him a small smile.

“Everything is going to be okay, I promise,” I said.

“Okay,” Shawn said.

“Now come here and give me a kiss,” I said.

Shawn leaned in and gently placed a kiss on my lips.

“Come on now Mendes, it’s not nice to tease,” I said before placing my lips on his hungrily.

“Damn,” Shawn said, after he and I pulled away from the kiss breathless.

“I love you,” I said with a wink.

“I love you too, (Y/N),” Shawn smiled.

As if we weren’t supposed to be sharing this beautiful moment, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” I said.

The door opened revealing a police officer.

“Good evening, Ms. (L/N),” he said, “I’m here to talk to you about your dad.”

"What about him?" I asked.

"What happened the night you were shot?" the police officer asked.

I explained the whole night to the police officer and he nodded as I spoke.

"Anything else I should know about your father?" the officer asked, once I was done.

"Did Dustin tell you about his sister?" I asked.

"Yes," the police officer said.

"Then no, there's nothing else," I said, blankly staring at the wall across from me.

"Thank you for your time, Miss (L/N)," the police officer said, leaving the room.

"Yup," I said, nodding my head as he left.

Once the police officer had left, my eyelids started to feel heavy.

"Are you tired?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah," I said, my eyelids feeling heavier and heavier every second.

"Do you want me to stay?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Can you sleep with me?"

I could see Shawn nod and climb into the hospital bed with me.

The last thing I felt before I fell asleep was a gentle kiss on my forehead.