Chapter Thirteen

I sat there feeling perfectly content being lost in my own thoughts as I waited patiently for Nevaeh to finish getting ready for our night out. Even if everything I was feeling for her, let alone doing for her was completely new territory for me, I found joy in the fact that I was protecting her and loving her.

I sat forward quickly, shocking myself with the thought of the words that flowed through my mind. Loving her. Did I love her. I shook my head, wanting to laugh at myself. There was no possible way that I loved her, it was too soon, and in truth, I hadn't really known her long enough to love her.

But what if I did without knowing that I was in love with her. I thought deeply about the situation that had just occurred many minutes before. I had come to her defence, not caring about the outcome, not caring if I ended up sporting wounds myself. All I had cared about was Nevaeh's well being and safety. I had challenged a man who seemed to harbour violent tendencies, and did not flinch for a single moment when that man directed his anger towards me. I had defended her honour against the man's ill spoken words as well as my own honour, and didn't care about the consequences of my assault on the man.

My actions were that of a man in love. A man who cared about the woman I had bedded more than any woman I had met in my entire life who came before her. That was what held me stunned the most, even though I had known her in such an intimate way, I found I still cared for her, still wanted her, still yearned for her, wanted to make her happy, simply wanted to be with her, near her at any cost.

Her tear streaked face flash within my minds eye, and the pain I had seen in her eyes pulled at my heart, tearing it, and I wondered why her response to the situation of her ex boyfriend showing up on her door step had caused such a pained and sad reaction from her.

I was sure that there was something dark and deep there that she was keeping from me, that she, as she had said, was not ready to talk about. Whatever had happened between her and her ex must have been something terribly heinous, especially if there was truth in her leaving him without an explanation. I wondered if it was his violent tendencies. Wondering if he had hurt her physically in a blind fit of rage. My fists curled up into a balls at the thought of Nevaeh being brutalised by that man, my knuckles turned white as I felt the fury course through my body starting from within the centre of my chest.

If that was what had happened there was nothing I could do about it now, all I could do for her was make sure she was safe from any further situations arising with her ex, and be there to prevent them from ever occurring.

I was so lost in my anger, feeling it fuel and pulse through every fibre of my body, that I didn't see the moment when Nevaeh stepped out from behind the wall of the hallway and walked into the living room, yet when my eyes lifted to look upon her, I was taken over by emotions of peace and found myself absolutely enchanted by her.

There I sat dressed in my black suit, and she matched my attire perfectly. She wore a black, long, figure hugging dress, which plunged dangerously low to her belly, showing off every perfect curve of her body. Her supple breasts looked incredibly stunning and so enticing.

Her hair was swept up perfectly in a neat but loose array of perfect curls on the top of her head, with a few delicate strands framing her face, which only seemed to add more softness to her already angelic facial features. She wore six inch heels that strapped over the tops of her toes and around her ankles and the make up she wore was subtle but enough to enhance her beauty. There was no indication of the sadness that had been etched on her face a short while ago.

In my spellbound emotions of her amazing appearance, I rose from the lounge suite involuntarily, and slowly walked over to her. Her sweet floral scented perfume graced my senses as I drew closer to her, making me breath in the scent deeply. I felt myself stir below as I came to stand before her and looked her up and down, drinking in every inch of her body slowly.