Chapter Thirty Five

I couldn't believe I was sitting where I was in that moment. The battle that was controlling my mind was hard. I kept calling myself insane, beyond insane, utterly stupid to do what I was about to do. But I had to, I needed to. For her.

I began to fidget uncontrollably as I waited, staring in a daze at the reinforced glass panel in front of me as the thoughts ran crazily in my mind, with my eyes darting at times to the black telephone mounted to the wall beside me.

I saw the white door to the right of me open for a few moments only to close again and instantly I grew tense. The seconds ticked by so very slowly, and then I saw him.

The very moment our eyes connected and I saw him register who had called upon him, he grinned in satisfaction. The prison guard stood against the wall by the windows behind him as he pulled back the chair slowly and eased himself down on to it, lounging lazily before me. Instinctively I reached for the phone on the wall, not once taking my eyes from him as he followed my actions like a mirror image.

" Well, well, and what do I owe to this pleasant surprise visit." I heard Jonathan say a few moments after we had both put the receivers to our ears, and he continued to smirk at me.

I simply stared back at him, a dark mood washed over me, wishing there was no glass separating the two of us. My heart was now racing as I struggled to keep my emotions under control. I wasn't sure if anger was causing every cell within my body to vibrate, and grow hot as my heart raced, or if it was adrenaline that was coursing through my very veins. I had prepared myself well for what I had come to tell him in regards to Nevaeh, and now that I had him before me, my mind was blank.

" Well?" Jonathan questioned me with a raised eyebrow, and the smirk that stayed plastered to his face infuriated me.

" You son of a bitch." I responded in a low and deep tone of voice through clenched teeth, as he shook his head and made tisking sound at me.

" Well that's not nice now is it?" He questioned, and I ignored him and continued with why I had came to converse with him.

" You took away the one thing that had been good in my life. She was the only reason I was living, and you destroyed it." I continued, and he lowered his head and looked at me sinisterly.

" Really? Is that so." He quipped, while I continued to stare him down. Words escaped me as my emotions escalated and I could only watch him as he leaned forward, coming so very close to the glass between us.

" What made you think I would let you have her when I couldn't? I'm sure that you know by now that woman..... wow, the things she does. How could I possibly let that go?" I could only sit across from him feeling nothing but shock now, and I came to realise very quickly how deranged he was.

" Let me leave you with something, it's quite special to me, my last full memories of her." I could only stare at him as he continued to stare at me as he spoke. " That morning... whew, what a rush it was. Her muffled screams under my hand, her struggle.... Ah god, the performance she gave in her bid to stop me had been the best she had ever been. I will cherish forever how it felt to be inside her one last time." There were no words to describe what I was feeling inside as I listened to him. All I knew was disbelief at how psychotically depraved this monster of a man was.

" You are not human." I could only whisper, and I wanted nothing more than to end this confrontation I had set up as I heard him laugh at me in response, and I knew it was this laugh that would haunt me for the rest of my life. I had nothing more to say to him except for what I came there to say. I didn't want to hear more, I was barely able to contain myself with what he had just said to me.

" Because of you she is gone. You took her from this world, from me. I will make sure that you will pay for what you did to her. Because of you neither of us will ever know her ever again." I growled at him through clenched teeth, my anger towards him teetered near no point of return as I watched his eyebrows raise up in surprise.