Chapter Twenty Six

I sat next to Nevaeh at the end of the table watching her eat so very slowly and enjoyed every second that I watched her. I knew even by watching her do the smallest of things I would never be bored or grow tired of her. She enchanted me like crazy. Her delicateness exuded in everything she did as well as her rare innocence. Seeing such beauty in all that she did and all that she was, simply made me want to protect and cherish her with my very life.

I found I was truly amazed at how lucky I was to have her, and was very thankful that I had noticed her walking by that one rare day on the street those many months ago, and began to ponder how many times that had actually happened before I had come to notice her.

The necklace and bracelet I had bought for her entered my mind, and slowly I rose from the chair, taking my plate with me as a diversion when I saw her glance up at me and walked over to the barstool. I placed my plated softly into the sink and reached for the two boxes after I had, and moved my hand behind my back as I walked back over to her and sat down again.

She smiled at me when I placed my elbow on the table and rested my head on my hand and watched her closely. Her eyes began to question me due to the small smirk I had on my lips and the deep radiating stare I gave to her as I watched her in silence. She put down her fork, not taking her eyes from me and cocked her her to the side and looked at me pensively.

" What?" She asked, after a few moments had passed. I breathed a stifled single laugh due to her expression and the tone of her voice, loving ever minute that went by as she squirmed in front of me, her eyes questioning me continuously before I finally spoke.

" I have two more gifts for you." I finally told her, and saw her face flush again and watched her hand move to hold her neck as she sat before me in silence. Her response was perfect to me, it was as if I were constantly finding ways to make her shyness come about. Which was something I had become truly fond of.

I lifted the box with the necklace up from under the table, leaving the one with the bracelet resting on my thigh and placed it down in front of her on the table top. I watched her look down at the box, her cheeks now dark red and I laughed lovingly.

" Don't be shy Nevaeh, open it." I told her, watching her eyes quickly meet my own, and smirked with satisfaction as she ever so slowly reached for the box only to hold it in her hands, and then looked down at it for a few moments before looking back at me. I nodded my head to her as I covered my mouth with my fingertips to hide my smile. She opened the box slowly and instantly her mouth fell open and her eyes quickly darted up to look at me. I moved my hand away and smiled at her and rose from the chair to move to stand behind her, taking the box that held the bracelet into my hand as I did.

" Do you like it." I asked her, and pushed the other box into the back pocket of my pants before I brought my arms around either side of her and removed the necklace from the box.

" Yes ." She whispered faintly. I could tell by the sound of her voice she was in shock at my gift to her, and I simply smiled feeling elated due to the moment. I brought the necklace gently to her neck, and she lifted her hair up for me as I clasped it and leaned around her to look at it. Her fingers lightly touched it delicately as she looked at me and inched forward and kissed me softly.

" Thank you." She breathed against my lips, smiling a little as we gazed at one another before she looked down at he necklace when she lifted it in her fingertips

I reached back to take the other box from my back pocket and reached around the left side of her, presenting it to her, smiling when her eyes fell on it, and then darted back to meet my own again in another exact bewildered expression just as before.

I smiled and opened the box for her and heard her gasp ever so softly at the matching bracelet. I kissed her cheek tenderly as I took it from the box and reached for her right hand to lift it before us. I could see her staring at the bracelet as I clasped it to her wrist, and ran my fingers over it and sighed happily.