Chapter Thirteen

The night came quicker than usual as the wind slowly began to pick up, leaving fresh new leaves on the porch of Lucian Manor. The ambient gleam from the porch light, filtered through the nearby trees. The air looked moist as the windows became damp along the manor.

"Smell a storm comin'." Mona shouted as she flipped over the stairs, like Toby McGuire in Spider Man movie. Her hair was slightly crinkled pulling the top into a pinned Mohawk and the rest falling down the back of her head. With her low waist jeans, belly shirt, and jean jacket to match with her high top chucks, all she was missing was a delicious meal; in other words, men lined up with their necks exposed.

She ambled toward Paulina and Latham watching something in the living room she basically jumped into. They were looking at the channel 2 news giving an update on Robert; Paulina's informant, who was killed by one of his own pack.

The same news reporter that had been reporting since the murder was giving an update.

Mona stood over the couch her gaze lit on Latham and before she was caught staring; not knowing why she was staring in the first place, she interrupted the news report. "What is with ye two?"

Paulina stood up, inpatient, as she directed Mona to sit in her place—beside Latham. Mona hesitated for a moment not comfortable with that idea but she picked up on Paulina's frustration and sat down without arguing.

Once seated, Latham sucked in a breath and started to shake his leg in an exaggerated movement. He wasn't sure if he should scoot over to make her more comfortable or stay still. He went ahead and stuck with how he was leaning further into the couch having Mona gawking at him, irritated. After another long pause, Latham worked in the nerve to give Mona a smile quickly losing it when she rolled her eyes. "I see a lot has gone on since we last talked." Latham blurted out straightening his posture looking up to Paulina.

Mona glared at him another harsh moment and couldn't keep her eyes off his leg continuously shaking. Her brow lifted; irritation building up as she watched. Patient no longer Mona screeched out annoyed. "Yer screwed if ye keep shaking that leg of yers." After stating that, Mona crossed one leg over the other leaning back plumped against the couch.

Paulina gave Latham a once over, then turned to Mona. "Before you take your violence out on Latham, we need to talk." Paulina moved swiftly towards the TV, turning it off. Watching Mona and Latham exchanging multiple looks, Paulina shook her head fed up with both of them. "Can you two pay attention please—we have no time for this?"

Mona now baffled by Paulina's heightening pitch and turned, dismissing her own issue with Latham. "Why are ye so vexed?"

Paulina answered promptly. "I am upset because we are wanted women according to the Nevada police department."

"I guess that would make ye mad." Mona didn't seem bothered by it—having an opposite affect from Paulina. "How this happen?" She asked trying to sound as mad as her, but failing, miserably.

Latham grunted not shocked by Mona's undaunted attitude towards the issue. "My source tells me that someone tipped the police off, giving them a full description of you two and the car you drove off in."

Mona liked the challenge of trouble coming her way, but she dangerously abhorred it when it was by someone else's hand and not her own. "Those shites said we killed him—fecking dogs!"

Paulina had her money on Mac having one of his minions tip the police off. It was obvious, but she needed to keep an open mind. "We're not sure of that. We still need—''

"Where are ye at in the head? Those wolves do be working everyday to get rid of us, and here we are, foostering like dopes." Mona felt a rush of anger hit her so strong she lost herself for a moment and like an obsessive maniac her fangs descended moving with vampire speed for the door.