Chapter 7

I wake up in the morning and Jack is gone.
I put on some fuzzy socks and walk downstairs.
Corbyn whistles and I look down to realize I am still in Jack's shirt.
I try to cover up.
"Where's Jack?" I ask.
"He went to the store, he was going to surprise you with breakfast in bed." Daniel says.
Zach rushes over to the window. "And here he is now." He says. "You better go back upstairs."
I peek out the window to see Jack getting out of his car with bags of groceries. I run upstairs and get back into bed. Do I pretend to be sleeping?
I'll just go on my phone and when I hear him coming pretend i'm sleeping. As soon as he opens the door I'll act as if i just woke up, I think to myself.

Jack's POV

"Hey guys, has Lauren woken up yet?" I ask.
Zach turns his head. "She hasn't came downstairs yet."
"Ok good."
I go into the kitchen and make her pancakes with bananas in them, her favorite.
I also make two eggs and pour her some lactose free milk.
When I'm done, I put the food on a bed tray and walk upstairs.
I open the door and Lauren is still asleep.
Looking as beautiful as ever.
She slowly opens her eyes.
"Good morning gorgeous." I say while putting the tray down. "I made you something."
She sits up, "Aw babe." She says. Babe? We aren't even dating yet. But she smiles, and I smile back because I can't help it.
She is so perfect, I never want to lose her. I wonder what will happen after I talk to her..

Lauren's POV:

I look up at Jack after I thank him. He is so cute. I can't believe he's all mine, almost.
I get up and walk over to him, putting both hands around his neck, and he sets his hands on my back.
I give him a peck on the lips, and we both smile.
"Thank you so much. How can I say thank you even more?"
"Maybe go out with me again?" He says while rubbing my back. My weakness.
"Of course." I say and giggle.
"You better eat your food before it gets cold." He says, smiling again.
I go and sit down. "I love your smile." I say.
He looks at me. "I love your smile more."
After a moment of silence and me chewing, I ask the question that's been killing me all morning.
"So, last night you said you needed to talk to me today?"
He looks down. "Um yeah. Maybe after breakfast?"
I nod.
Soon after, I finish. I set the tray on the floor for now and sit cris-cross on the bed.
"So what's up?" I ask.
He sighs. "Well, yesterday when you were getting ready for our date, Jonah came up to me in the kitchen."
Oh no.
"He told me that he asked you for advice about a girl."
I nod, to show I knew what he was talking about.
"Then, he told me he has feelings for you."
I raise my eyebrows. I knew it.
"When we talked, all he said was he liked a girl that his friend also liked, and I told him to talk to his friend. I didn't know he was talking about us."
"But the other day, you asked me if I noticed Jonah acting weird, which made me think. Maybe you did know he was talking about us. And you just wanted him to break the news you were leaving me for him."
When Jack said these words, I almost cried.
"Why would you think that?"
"Lauren, I live in a house with 4 other boys and you have been staying here. I always thought something would happen with one of them."
"Jack, nothing is going on with Jonah, or any of the other boys." I say. "You have to believe me."
He shrugs. "I don't know if I do."
I shake my head, then get up. I run out of his room and down the stairs.
"Lauren wait!" I hear him yell but keep going. I run all the way out their door and back home.
I shut my front door and lock it. Then lean against the door and slide down to the floor, sobbing.
I couldn't believe he accused me of cheating on him.
~A couple hours later~
I was on the couch watching Ted to try and cheer me up, when I hear a knock at the door.
I get up and walk over, and when I look through the peephole I see Daniel.
I open the door and immediately hug Daniel.
"Are you okay?" He asks, while I am still hugging him tight.
"I don't know." I let go. "Wanna come sit on the couch with me?"
Daniel nods.
Once we sit down I ask, "What did Jack tell you?"
"He said he accused you of cheating with Jonah, even though he knows you would never do that. He said he pushed you too far and he regrets it. Jack is actually crying, and i've never seen him cry before." Daniel says.
I look down and start playing with my hands.
"He's scared you will ignore him if he tries and talks to you." Daniel continues.
"I just can't believe he accused me of cheating on him. It took us so long to get to where we are, and I'm only friends with you, Zach, Corbyn, and Jonah." I say.
"I know. Jack is just afraid to lose you, is what I think."
At this time, I hear another knock at the door. I get up and answer it, to see Corbyn at the door.
"Hey, are you okay?" He asks.
"Doing better. Wanna join Daniel and I on the couch?" I say, opening the door wider to welcome him in.
"I would love to."
We both sit down, with me in between Corbyn and Daniel.
"Jack is really worried about you. He wanted me to give you this note." Corbyn pulls a piece of paper out of his pocket and hands it to me.
I take it. "So you only came over because Jack asked you to?" I say.
"No no no. I was on my way over and he stopped me and asked me to give that to you." Corbyn says.
I turn to Daniel.
"Should I open it?"
Daniel nods.
I open it and read it out loud.

Lauren,

I am so sorry for accusing you of cheating on me. I just get jealous that you are friends with the other boys. I don't want to lose you. If you even want to talk to me again, I will be at the park across the street at 7:00pm. I will wait there until 7:10pm and if you don't show up, I will know what we are. Nothing.
-Jack

I look from Daniel to Corbyn.
"What should I do?" I ask.
"Whatever your heart tells you to." Corbyn says. "I have to go, Christina wants me to call her."
Corbyn gets up and starts walking over to the door.
"I should probably get going too, you need time alone to think." Daniel says.
I walk over to the door with them and hug them both.
"Thank you guys." I say.
"Anytime." They say together.
I shut the door and look at the time.
3:00.
I have 4 hours to make up my mind.

At 5:30, I get another knock at the door. I wake up from my nap to go answer. Jonah is there.
"What do you want?" I say, with an attitude.
"I had a feeling you would be mad at me." He says.
I sigh. "I'm not mad. It's not your fault, all you did was listen to my advice, and you can't control your feelings." I say.
"But I should have waited." He says.
"No you didn't do anything wrong. I guess I'm just sad he accused me of something I never did." I say, trying not to burst into tears.
"I'll talk to him if you want, and tell him nothing happened." Jonah says.
I nod. "That would be great. But now I need to ask you for advice."
"Sure, anything." He says before leaving.
"Jack wrote me this note." I handed it to him and let him read it. "What should I do?"
"I would at least try to talk to him about it."
I nod. "Thank you."
Jonah leaves and I am still completely confused on what to do.
It's now 6:50pm and I am still on my couch in Jack's shirt.
10 minutes later I am on Instagram and glance at the time.
I put my shoes on and by this time it is 7:04.
I brush my teeth and run over to the park. I look at the time and see it's 7:12.
I don't see Jack and I sit on the swings with my face in my hands and start crying.
I'm too late.
"Hey." I heard a voice say.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Cliffhanger??
😂😂
Sorry this chapter is really long, I got pulled in😂.
Hope you guys like this story, I'll try to make the chapters shorter??
I'll update soon!💓
Instagrams:
nalani.mercado
definitely.wdw
Thank you for all the support!!❤️