Chapter 51

Daniel's POV:

It's morning now, and Corbyn, Jonah, Zach and I haven't slept at all.
We've been waiting outside of Jack and Lauren's door, and the crying stopped about 2 hours ago.

Jack's POV:

I was crushed.
Yeah, I don't get to be a dad for right now but we can try again.
But Lauren is taking this way harder.
She wants to be a mom so bad, and she thinks she let me down.
She could never let me down, or ruin my dreams.
We lay on our bed and she is crying into my chest while my hand is running through her hair.
We haven't talked since last night since we haven't slept at all.
"Lauren?" I whisper.
She doesn't respond, but just continues to cry.
"I want you to know something."
Still no response.
"This is not your fault. Don't blame yourself. We can try as many times as it takes to get it right. You didn't let me down at all. I love you."
She nods and wraps her arm around me.
Then a few minutes later, she gets up and goes into the bathroom, locking the door behind her.
I hear her crying even louder, and I open our bedroom door to go get a drink of water.
But instead, I find four hooligans sitting and listening. They all stand when I open the door.
"Yo man, what's wrong?" Jonah asks.
I hesitate to say anything, but they will end up finding out anyways.
"Lauren had a miscarriage." I mumble.
"I am so sorry." Zach says.
"Me too." Corbyn adds.
The others stay silent.
We remain in the awkward moment for a few minutes, when I don't hear Lauren crying anymore.
I turn around and go to the bathroom door, and I don't hear anything.
I knock.
Nothing.
"Lauren, let me in. It's Jack." I say while pounding on the door.
"Come on baby, please open up."
Still nothing.
I didn't want to wait for her to open up, so I take a few steps back and ram into the door, breaking it off it's hinges.
The boys are behind me and we all find her asleep on the floor.
I take a deep breath of relief.
Then I had Corbyn check for anything she could have taken or harmed herself with.
I picked up Lauren and set her gently on our bed and Corbyn says, "I didn't find anything Jack."
I nod, and we all head for the living room to let Lauren sleep.
We sit on the couch and talk.
"I'm sorry again dude." Jonah says.
"It's fine I guess. But we wanted it so much."
Jonah nods.

Daniel's POV:

This is so awkward.
I know Jack doesn't know what I said to Lauren, but he would be so mad.
I should have kept quiet.
And now this happened.
Lauren had a miscarriage.
I just threw so much more stress on to her by telling her.
Maybe I should tell Jack myself.
I notice him get up and go to the kitchen, so I follow him.
"Hey Daniel." He says.
I nod.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Can we talk outside?"
"Sure." He responds and follow me toward the back door.
We sit on two lawn chairs and gaze off at the water.
"So what's up?" He says.
"This is going to be hard to confess. So please just hear me out and try not to get mad."
"Ok."
I take a deep breath.
"I know this is a lot right now with the bad news you just found out but you are my best friend and I feel like you deserve to know."
He nods.
"When Lauren first moved in next door to us, I had a small crush on her. I thought it was nothing and that we all had even a little bit of feelings for her. But overtime, it never completely went away. When you guys started dating, I pushed my feelings aside and pretended they weren't there. But they always were. Like how the stars are always there but you don't always know. I tried my hardest to get her out of my mind but I just couldn't. I tried for you Jack. Then, a couple months ago my feelings got even stronger. Every time I see her a piece of my heart shatters, knowing that I can never have her and we can't be more than just friends. I haven't felt this way about anyone for a long time and I've even had the thought that i'm in love with her. Anyways, yesterday I told her. It kind of just came out. I am so sorry and I wish i didn't feel this way, but I do. I thought you should know."
Jack didn't say anything. He just sat there.
Out of nowhere, he got up and walked inside.

Jack's POV:

I walk past the boys straight into my room and grab some clothes and my car keys.
On my way to the car I get a water bottle and then I drive to the nearest gym.
I couldn't believe what I had just heard come out of Daniel's mouth.
He loves Lauren. My Lauren. The same girl I love.
I was so mad I couldn't even talk.
When I got to the gym, I went straight to the punching bags.
All I had to do was picture Daniel's face and I would throw a punch.
I stayed there for a couple hours before going home. I walked in and everyone was sitting on the couch, except for Lauren of course.
Daniel looked up and we made eye contact, then I stormed off to my room.
When I opened the door, Lauren was pacing in her robe.
She comes over and hugs me. "I was worried about you." I softly hug her back, because I know she needs it right now.
"Where did you go?" She asks.
"The gym."
"What's wrong?"
"Oh nothing. Just that my best friend is in love with my girlfriend and they both knew but decided not to tell me until now."
She looked shock.
"Jack I just found out yesterday. I came in here to tell you but I started puking and then I found out about about the baby-"
She choked on the last word.
"Well he just told me."
"And?" She asks.
"I can't even look at him. Knowing that my best friend is in love with the same girl that I'm in love with makes me want to throw him into a wall." I start yelling, but she cuts me off by kissing me.
"Don't worry about him." She says.

Lauren's POV:

I know Jack gets jealous easy.
But I need him to know that i'm not thinking about any other guy.
Daniel is just a friend.
"I do not feel the same way about Daniel as he feels about me. I told him that when he tried to kiss me."
"He tried to kiss you?!" He yells.
I try to explain but he storms out and slams the door.
And with that, he was gone.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Why Don't We is 30 minutes away from me right now in Seattle and my mom won't frickin take me.
Im soooooo mad.
But i finally updated !!
I hope you guys like it :)
Comment and let me know what you think!